“Great breakfasts plus lovely deli for a packed lunch”

Sunnyhills Farm Shop & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Belford
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sunnyhills Farm Shop is one of Northumberland's premier farm shops stocking the very best in locally produced and widely sourced foods, drinks and gifts, all with a warm Northumbrian welcome. We have a super childrens play area and outdoor toys with outside seating where little ones can wear off some pent up energy and where dogs are very welcome. We also have a fully licensed bistro & cafe with free Wi-Fi which caters for all meals throughout the day whether just a coffee and snack en route on the A1 or a meal with family and friends. We serve evening meals on a Friday and Saturday (last orders 8.45pm) and every night throughout July and August.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Serves a fine breakfast from 9am. The Full English was excellent, with nicely crisped bacon, lovely mushrooms and more toast than I could eat. The Eggs Benedict looked beautiful and was enthusiastically consumed by my companion. The deli counter and shop provided everything we needed for a very fine packed lunch.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped here for a spot of lunch and were very impressed. My husband chose the potato skins and the serving was huge not that he complained. I chose one of the paninis and it was yummy. We would definitely return again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to eat here after reading some positive comments. The restaurant itself is light and airy and some thought has gone into the decor. However the food itself was pretty disappointing.
Two of us had the fish pie which had very little fish the potatoes on the top tasted and looked like they had been under a not very power heat lamp for a long time. I actually looked at the clock as I thought this is a lunchtime meal served mid afternoon but it was definitely lunchtime. The vegetables had been cooked to deliver absolutely zero taste which a feat I’ve not come across before.

Staff apologetic and knocked 10% off, I overheard others complaining too.

Perhaps just an off day.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Whenever I visit family up North, it is inevitable we will all, at some point, stop at Sunnyhills (at least once).

The reason for popping in varies. Sometimes it’s just for a coffee before heading onto wherever we’re going for the day, or to grab some eggs and bacon for tomorrow’s breakfast on the way home from a day out. Sometimes we stop for breakfast or lunch.

The cafe has a full range of hot and cold drinks, snacks and full blown meals for whatever suits your appetite at the time. I’ve had breakfast and a hot lunch here before and I highly rate their food. All is priced reasonably.

They have a very large car park with ample seating inside and some tables outside for when the weather is kind enough to allow it. There is also an area for kids to play in with some slides and swings (if my memory serves me).

The grocery section is packed full of local fresh produce and other local offerings including Alnwick Gin (which is just yum!).

Today was a coffee pit stop with some grocery shopping and then I saw some cute mugs, so I decided to buy one for each member of my office (see pictures attached).

The gift / trinket shop is very annoying in that it makes you want to buy everything. They have some really lovely stuff. Great for gifts or for little things to dot round the house.

All in all this is a place I will continue to revisit, and would encourage others to pop in and have a coffee and a mooch

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in the caravan and camp site this weekend and went for breakfast Sunday morning. Lovely shop and cafe , ingredients fresh and local. Vegetarian option was great. Nice coffee and friendly staff.

Other daytime and Sunday menu looked great and very reasonably priced. Plenty of parking enough space for a few caravans too!