“Wonderful menu, excellent cooking”
Review of The White Swan

The White Swan
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Belford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Four of us ate here last Sunday night. The dining room is charming, service good, choice of wines excellent and a menu that was very hard to choose from because everything sounded so delicious. When our food arrived we were not disappointed. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Highgateglobetrotter

Reviewed 10 July 2012

My wife and I were travelling to the Holy Isle of Lindisfarne, and we had booked an overnight stay at the Farmhouse Guest House in Belford, just off the A1 north to Edinburgh. Anne the owner/proprietor of our accommodation suggested we ate in the White Swan, Warenford a couple of miles back down the road. I'm so glad we did. On our arrival, 20 minutes early, were greeted and shown to a seating and served drinks, and offered menus to study and discuss. I spoke to an elderly gentleman who was seated in the same area, but failed to make any contact, possibly because of my funny southern accent or because he didn't wish to speak to me.I opened the door at one point as he was having difficulty popping outside for a puff. Shortly afterwards, a member of staff arrived to show us to our table and took our largely filled drinks and placed them on her tray. Just as she did, the gentleman returned from outside and threw himself into his former chair. The result..................drinks all over my lap! The manager quickly left the bar and tried to dry me down, apologising profusely for what had occurred. I just burst out laughing as the perpetrator was oblivious to what had happened. Apparently, he was a widower, and had recently lost his licence to drive at 87 owing to poor sight, as well as being profoundly deaf. We were shown to our table, and enjoyed one of the best meals that we had had on our journey. So well done, White Swan and well done Anne Murdoch for her recommendation!

3  Thank jollyrobert
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We are regular visitors to The White Swan and have always been impressed by the quality of the food and the excellent service provided by the hosts.

2  Thank farmhouseguesthouse
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We had 3 meals while we were staying across the road at Waren View.The first 2 were very good,but the 3rd was a disappointment as the ribeye steak was a very poor quality cooked ok but just a mass of gristle.On complaining to the owner he apologised and did not chrage for the meal.

1  Thank netvigator1
Reviewed 24 June 2012

During our stay at Market Cross Guest House in Belford it was recommended to try the White Swan at Warenford. As we were staying for 8 nights our intention was to try several different places to eat. As we loved the White Swan so much we ate there 4 times in all. The food and service was brilliant and such lovely staff one of our holiday highlights.

1  Thank James I