“Superb”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is outstanding. The food is all locally sourced and fresh with a varied menu which changes daily. Everything was so tasty and 5-star quality! Its not often the taste matches the appearance but in this case presentation and flavour was spot on! Also the staff were very friendly and welcoming!

1  Thank Matt N

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

It's been a couple of years since my last visit and I was chuffed to see it's still a great place. There were plenty of locals in the bar but we were ushered to the table quickly. The menu was extensive and the cold fish platter starter was excellent. The haunch of venison with kidneys as a main was sublime. The restaurant was busy but not full and the couple waiting tables were friendly and efficient. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

As it was our last night on holiday we decided to treat ourselves to a nice meal and were not disappointed at all. Going from reviews on trip advisor proved to be a very good indication of the quality of food and service. We pre booked as it was a Friday night and they were quite full. The service was warm, friendly and efficient. We chose with difficulty from many delicious dishes on offer. I had the warm salad of asparagus, avocado and goats cheese, whilst my husband chose the chicken liver pate. Both were excellent, demonstrating a good knowledge of balancing flavours and textures. For mains we had the rack of lamb on a minted pea purée and the chicken supreme.
The use of vegetables was imaginative and interesting and complemented the dishes perfectly. We managed to squeeze in a delicious desert too. Mine was the white chocolate and blueberry croissant butter pudding served with cream and chocolate ice cream, and my husband chose sticky toffee pudding which he felt was a little dry, but that was the only slight complaint out of 6 dishes.
Overall a lovely dining experience, and we would both heartily recommend the White Swan if you are in the Belford , Bamburgh or Seahouses area on holiday for a nice quality meal. Cost was a very reasonable £46 including 2 drinks, but not including tip.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Delicious! After a very long day driving and castle visiting this was a lovely place to eat, we were seating in the restuarant area and it was a lovely room. Rather hot on such a humid day but such a lovely evening. Would probably recommend it for grown ups rather than familes with toddlers.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Recently on a visit to Northumberland it was decided to take friends out to dinner at The White Swan. The meals were average, however one person in our party had lamb chops and made the comment they were a bit “chewy”. When we had finished the meal and I went to the bar to pay, the stock question of “did you enjoy the meal” was asked by the waitress. I said yes but the lamb chops were a bit chewy, to which the response was “perhaps the gentleman should get some new false teeth”! Somewhat taken aback by this response I said I did not think he had false teeth (actually I had no idea whether he had or not, having never found the need to ponder the question over the 7 years of knowing him), but having been in the catering trade himself over many years he should know a chewy lamb chop when he encountered it!

4  Thank MNash