“Great fitness kick”
Excellent
Luxury Double with shared Bathroom
Luxury Twin Room with shared Bathroom
Room for 4 with private ensuite bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SOFKL
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Great fitness kick”
Reviewed 8 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Awesome 7 day fitness camp. i went to kick start my fitness. i knew i needed more cardio and Hiit in my weekly workouts. Loads of inspiration from the team at Northern Fitness - Caroline, Dan, Bruce and Dave.
Every day was different - we had three workouts in the morning starting at 7am followed by an afternoon activity. I am not going to write a detailed report on what we did as it will give it all away and not leave anything for you to discover. Ok maybe one clue - the cows are in the sheds in March and April!

Go do this week in Northumbria, Spain or Portugal if you want to get fit or lose weight. every single person on our camp lost weight. in total 16 people lost 11 stone and 3lbs and over 3metres 23cm..........

if you are worried you don't eat think again, breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. everything is healthy, no bad foods here.

Go on you know you want to go!!!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: being in the outdoors
CHgirl201...
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Awesome bootcamp, great for couples, adventure & fitness for all levels”
Reviewed 23 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I am a seasoned boot camper and this is my favourite. My second visit to NBC for a 4 day bootcamp.
Brought my partner who was very anti bootcamp and hates exercise, he has been totally converted and we are planning another.
Great mixture of activities and great for weight loss and fitness.
We lost over 16 1bs between the two of us. Amazing results and we are definitely going to keep it up.
Would recommend for anyone at all levels.

Liked best: The activities
CarlyHeps
Durham, United Kingdom
“Life changing experience”
Reviewed 1 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Just back from a week with Northern Bootcamp at Golden Hill. What was to be a daunting prospect very quickly turned into a fantastic experience. Great people, excellent staff, amazing food and simply professional from start to finish. Going back again for sure!

BirdLover...
United Kingdom
“Amazing Bootcamp, Amazing Staff, Amazing Food”
Reviewed 1 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I've now "bootcamped" at Northern Bootcamp twice with approx. 40 fellow bootcampers.
- First time in April 2015 on a 7/6 day bootcamp (7 days at the camp with 6 full-on exercise days.
- Second time in Jan 2016 on an 9/8 day bootcamp (9 days at the camp with 8 full-on exercise days).

Both times have been amazing. In summary:
- LOCATION - EXCELLENT. Just outside Bamburgh in beautiful countryside - so lots of great places to do our bootcamp activities (running on Bamburgh beach looking at Bamburgh Castle rising up through the morning mist stands out as a highlight).
- STAFF - AWESOME. Really can't rate Caroline, Dan, Bruce, Dave, Leanne and Annie highly enough. Gave us plenty of encouragement, pushed us to our limits (they understood what we were capable of better than ourselves) and knew exactly when to give a bit of extra support and empathy when our spirits and bodies flagged a bit (as trainer Dave says - when you are working hard it can get emotional).
- FOOD - DELICIOUS. Most of us were on sensible limited food portions as aiming for some weight-loss. Food was always one of the big highlights of the day and Annie provided us with consistently lovely food - despite having to work around many different food requirements/allergies/preferences. It really did feel like nothing was too much trouble for Annie.
ACTIVITIES - EXCELLENT AND TAILORED TO GET RESULTS. A few sample activities - (1) Superstars" and "Dunes" - OMG - challenging or what! (2) Coasteering - most fun I've had with a wetsuit on, (3) 16/19 mile walk along Northumberland coastline - beautiful and interesting.

I left both bootcamps several pounds lighter, much stronger/fitter and with a better understanding of how amazing the human body is and what mine is capable of when I treat it right.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Loved staying in the Garden Pod
Liked least: Nothing - I liked everything.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
525willr
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
“Fantastic ��”
Reviewed 1 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I can't thank you guys enough I believe in myself again and i am ready for anything. My mind and body are finally working together again and I am quickly heading towards the best shape of my life. 1st 5lb loss has blown me away and my fitness level has improved immensely.
I have left the camp lighter but gained knowledge about healthy eating, exercising with correct form and how to get the maximum out of each workout. Last but not leased I've gained some great friends and I can't wait to get back to camp and continue my journey.
Thank you all very much from all of us at the Riley household.

helenrcar...
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“A life changing experience..”
Reviewed 28 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

The accommodation and facilities were fantastic. The week was full on - exercising all day, I didn't think I would survive the week! It got easier within days, particularly I think because of the great mixture of activities - circuits, boxing, pool work, running, cycling, walking and the challenge of canyoning. A very well thought out programme - stretching but in a supportive way!! The exercise before breakfast was a great way to start the day.

Working alongside the well thought out / structured exercise plan was the great food. Fresh, healthy and very, very tasty. Combined with the information given on nutrition and portion size, this was a massive eye opener to me. Having happily lived on smaller portions and sensible snacks for a week, the penny dropped that I could actually manage it when I went home. No longer an impossible struggle - now a positive, interesting challenge to start shopping and cooking properly. A fun task - not a chore. The website continues to have new recipes on it and so I feel there is on going support available all the time which is brilliant.

The camp had a fantastic group of people on it, and it was great to hear their stories and see their successes - very inspiring. I don't think we stopped talking and laughing from the word go!

Having been given so much on the Bootcamp, I am totally comfortable with the fact that from here on in it is my responsibility - no excuses. Here is looking to the future.

I would thoroughly recommend this experience to anyone. Booking for the next one is in the planning!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The support we received
Liked least: Loved it all
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Yvonne S
Dunbar, United Kingdom
“What a location”
Reviewed 24 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I visited Golden Hill for the first time and found it easily despite it being a dark night. The house is well laid out and easy to move around. The bedrooms are very comfortable and bed lined etc to a high standard. the en-suite was a good size and nice powerful shower. The communal areas were a generouse and also very comfortable, the wood burning stove in the lounge and large cooker kept us all very cosy. Having laundry facilities and a drying room and boot room were great too. The actual bootcamp experience was amazing and I can't believe we managed to pack so much into a week. The food was excellent and very tasty. The team running the programme were all brilliant and great at motivating and also making sure exercises were done correctly so you got the full benefit out of the full session. I went on my own so didn't know anyone prior to arriving but this was not an issue as from the initial welcome from Dan and Dave to final goodbye from Bruce, Annie and Caroline you were made to feel like part of the family. Can't wait to get back and do it all again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Good size bedrooms and bathroom facilities.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing