“Another great week with the good people at...”
Luxury Double with shared Bathroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Luxury Double with shared Bathroom
Luxury Twin Room with shared Bathroom
Room for 4 with private ensuite bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
staffjim
reading
“Another great week with the good people at Northern Bootcamp”
Reviewed 31 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

This is my second visit to Northern Bootcamp and my second review.

If you are looking to make a genuine, lasting and positive change to your health and fitness I can't recommend this place enough. The focus is not only on shifting a few pounds while you are there, but on giving you the tools to live a healthier and more active lifestyle long after you have left. It is a real testament to the support and attention that Caroline gives to the campers that so many of them are return visitors.

As before, the fitness sessions are varied, interesting and physically challenging, while catering for a wide variety of abilities. Neil's functional and weights based sessions were a real highlight for me, he has a great way with the campers and I would love to see him leading more sessions! The camp also lays on some more adventurous activities, including rock climbing, abseiling, hill walking, body boarding and canoeing to get you active and a little bit out of your comfort zone.

I only really have two new observations beyond my July 2017 review from my first visit:

This was pretty much a Winter visit compared to my last trip and you will need to be prepared for the cold when training outside with warm training gear and water proofs. Some of the best training you will do, such as the beach runs and circuits on the castle green can't really be recreated indoors and it would be shame to miss these out. That said, you are rarely out for more than an hour or so and the accommodation is very well heated with hot drinks always available.

Also, Annie, the bootcamp chef, now has an assistant and has really taken the food to the next level. It is incredible what she can produce on a limited daily calorie allowance while catering to the individual dislikes of the campers. Fish and chips, gammon and eggs and chocolate brownie were all on the menu. She is a real star and is happy to chat about her recipes and how you can keep up the healthy eating at home.

In short, another great week with the team and another 8 pounds lost - 33 now in total!

kay n
Whitby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic boost!”
Reviewed 23 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I have just finished the 7 day bootcamp and it was brilliant. The day starts with more energising sessions.There are a mix of outdoor activitiesbeach runs,circuits, boxing. Afternoons tend to be more excirsion/activity based (body boarding,hiking, coasteering) and a bit more relaxed. The food was perfect, regular smaller portions and I was never hungry. After a week i have lost 8 pounds! So i am sure to be back. If you are dithering, don't. I have been to a number or Uk camps and this is one of the best. So just hit book and boost your fitness or start that weight loss now!

Pumpkin_K...
Sesame Street
“This is THE bootcamp to go to!”
Reviewed 28 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

We made our 3rd visit to Northern Bootcamp in December. And as always, it was absolutely fantastic.

We really cannot stress strongly enough how brilliant this bootcamp is. The team are amazing, truly inspirational and motivating - although you train in a group, you're treated and encouraged like an individual.

The two of us are at different fitness levels and it doesn't matter how fit or unfit you feel are, you are just encouraged to do your best - it's all about attitude! Injuries, no problem - the team help you with alternative exercises when something is an issue for a pain or weakness.

The exercises are varied, keep you on your toes and the team are great for improvising with the weather.

One of the things we have loved with these bootcamps is the other bootcampers. We were worried it would be filled with super fit people, who were pretty competitive.

That could not be further away from reality - you've got a real mix of people, with different fitness levels and reasons for being there. But the one thing linking us all was the encouragement, camaraderie and team spirit between everyone. It's all about encouraging everyone on to do their best.

Outside of the exercise, the food and accommodation are fantastic. Annie the cook makes the most amazing food - inspires me every time to improve my nutrition. The accommodation, whether in the main house or the cottages, is just lovely - very cosy and just what you need after a hard day of training.

Northumberland is one of the most spectacular areas of the UK and for those of you that like to train outside, I don't think you can do any better. And outside of the exercise element, the whole 'getting away from it all' and clearing your mind (which for me is one of the key aspects) is just wonderful - you come back totally recharged both physically and mentally.

To summarize, we will be back again and again - totally recommend to anyone interested in getting a little fitter, improving your nutrition and recharging your batteries to go to Northern Bootcamp.

MarkGoesA...
London
“I didn't want to leave......”
Reviewed 14 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

I've pushed my bad diet, lack of exercise, poor lifestyle habits as far as my body can take for the past 20 years. At 55 it and my GP are gently hinting at reduced life expectancy and health issues in retirement. I wanted help to find a realistic, manageable balance of exercise and diet and I knew I needed a “shock and awe” approach to get the message.

Caroline, Dan, Neil, Bruce, Leanne, Carla, Annie and the team delivered in spades. I lost 3.5kgs and 4 cms off my waist in 4 days, (still properly hydrated BTW). I have a sound idea of what, when and how much to eat. I also know that am capable of much more physical exercise than I thought. Most importantly I have a sound idea of what exercise to do.

The bits you need to know in order to book:

- You train as a group but you are an individual. Goals are set to suit what you can do – and believe me these guys know what you really can do – but if you can’t manage something, say so and your task will be changed.

- The programme is structured but varied. I like that we followed a routine of high intensity work in the mornings but interesting and stretching activities in the afternoon. In 4 days we didn't do the same activity once.

- No pressure approach. The style of all staff is unashamedly encouragement, encouragement, encouragement. They ask you do your best, that you try your hardest. I did not compete the endurance walk but you’d have thought I’d had from the words of support I had from everyone.

- The support and encouragement extends to your companions who are as important to the experience as the staff. My course (Team 081217/4 – “The Snowbirds” as I will fondly think of us) were wonderful. All backgrounds, different objectives, different levels of experience and capability, everyone was positive, helpful and so kind. My companions who had been before say this is what Northern Bootcamp has engendered; a group spirit that is unbeatable. No competitiveness, no subversion. Best of all, those who knew more shared.

- Go for the scenery. Gorgeous beaches (even in snow) and fantastic scenery are huge inspiration to any exercise you do. A dawn button run on the beach next to pounding winter surf gets your blood racing far more than dragging yourself to the gym on a grey suburban morning.

- Food, food, food. I ate a 1/3 of what I normally do without exercise and wasn’t hungry at all. Meals are extremely carefully calculated to give you what you need not what you want. What I didn’t appreciate is how delicious eating healthily could be. Most importantly these are all meals I can prepare for myself.

In short Northern Bootcamp is an extremely professional and well run organisation that is easy to deal with. I am booked to go back in early 2018. I look forward to meeting you there.

Your age range 50-64
Morningsi...
“Great experience and amazing time!”
Reviewed 12 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Love this place, this was my second time. They really do have it right here. If you need to get back on track or just see what you are capable of then look no further. You are in fantastic surroundings and with very knowledgeable encouraging people who truly care about pushing you to your maximum without feeling bullied. Thanks once again!

Jess A
Harrogate
“The most positive experience of my life”
Reviewed 16 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

I have tried many ways to lose weight and become fitter, for me this was a last chance saloon. From the very beginning the team has been their for me, from my initially hesitational phone call right through to the last day and beyond. The biggest strength of this company is the owners and the people who work for them. All with varied skill sets and interest who work together to achieve one aim, HELP YOU. All classes are tailored to you and I was pushed further than I ever thought I could go and all very varied. The stunning location obviously helps and the comradery of the campers (we are literally all in it together) just adds more to the experience, I have made new friends for life, an added bonus I had not expected. I have become more confident in my ability to train on my own, learning new techniques. The food is incredible and the knowledge of the chiefs is superb. If you are thinking of booking a camp don't look anywhere else. I will be looking to go back when time allows.

klordgree...
Whalley, United Kingdom
“A great place for fitness, food and friends!”
Reviewed 18 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This is my second bootcamp and I think it's obvious it's doing something right when so many people return time and time again.
Yes you've to work hard but that's what you're there for!
The variety in classes and food is fantastic.
The people are warm, focused and friendly and actually WANT you to do well for YOU!
The facility has everything you need and I'd highly recommend a visit to lose weight or get fitter.
The location is stunning and I'd say it's probably the best Bootcamp in the Uk (in my opinion)
I'll be back .. again KLG

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;