“Great meal at Purdy Lodge”
Review of Purdy Lodge

Purdy Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Belford
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great meal at Purdy Lodge”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had a long journey from Scotland to Newcastle and was wondering where I could eat at 10.00pm at night, all of a sudden I came across Purdy lodge, what a good find.

I ordered my meal and when it came, it was one of the best meals I had all week, a proper meal as i call it.

Staff were friendly and chatty and its on my list whenever I past that way again which is monthly.

Can't wait for another great meal
Many thanks

Paul Angus

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Incomedriven
lodge28, Front Office Manager at Purdy Lodge, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us and we look forward to seeing you again when you are next passing!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Don't judge a picture. This place is a great place to stay whilst touring the exceptional countryside in Northumberland.
The rooms are very comfortable and quiet., overlooking great countryside.
We ate in the restaurant and found the food exceptional. The staff were great and loved our visit.

Well done.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Russell B
Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy that you were so pleased with the food that you had with us and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

After a lengthy journey south from Scotland to England, I was eager for a coffee and short break. Services at Dreghorn and Musselburgh have now closed down (A720) and there was absolutely nothing available after Kinross, just south of Perth.
It was wonderful to find Purdy Lodge open (24hours). Although the prices are not cheap, the full menu is available and it was fantastic to be able to recharge batteries.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MerlinRalphie
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am very pleased that you were happy with the time that you spent with us; we are very happy to be able to welcome weary travelers in at all times of the day and night! We hope to see you again!
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Two nights in this hotel, big mistake. First room, bathroo floot tiles cracked and tile missing at floor level by bath, dirty, grimey, needs a thorough clean by someone with good eyesight. Staff happy and friendly. Rubbish in car park, old cans and bottles. Urgh no mattress cover on bed. I could say more, I took photos too. Please clean and upgrade this 4 star AA accomodation !!!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank meadowmaid
I am very sorry that you were not happy with your stay with us. We are very disappointed as the majority of our reviewers are usually happy with our hotel. We will look into all the matters that you raised as a matter of urgency and would like to thank you for bringing these to our attention.
Blyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

stayed here after attending a wedding at doxford hall..may 30th room 20 a nice family room..we felt welcome and staff were very helpful..room was clean and tidy and had everything we needed..after a good night sleep looking out to fields we all had showers and went down to a realy good breakfast sausage was great!!!..unfortunately kettle in room hadn't been checked because some dirty wotsit had made a drinking chocolate in the kettle..this is the only bad thing we can say..would deff recommend..handy little shop/petrol garage next door.

Room Tip: it's on the main road but all rooms are at the back of the building.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review following your stay with us in the hotel. I am very pleased that you were happy with your stay and I can only apologise again for the kettle having been used for drinking chocolate. I hope that you enjoyed your time at the wedding also and that we get to see you again in the future.
York
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The room was clean and large enough, with a comfortable bed, but the shower was pretty much useless - there wouldn't have been enough water pressure to rinse shampoo out of hair! Luckily I wasn't in a rush, so I was able to run a a bath, which conversely filled up really quickly, with no shortage of hot water.
The staff on reception wanted to charge a late checking-out fee but we explained that we'd had to wait 45 minutes for our breakfast to arrive in their cafe (it was definitely not worth the wait, by the way), and they (slightly begrudgingly) waived it.

I don't normally bother to write TripAdvisor reviews, but the mostly positive feedback on here made me expect a nicer experience than I think I actually received, so I thought I'd redress the balance a bit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I would like to thank you for bringing our attention to the problem with the shower and we will look into this matter. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the breakfast that you had in the cafe. I hope that you feel as though you would give us another chance in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was undecided if to book this hotel , but wow I am glad I did . On arrival a very friendly receptionist,told us everything we needed to know . On arriving in the room , the fan shaped towels arranged on the bed was a very nice touch. The view from the window was over open farmland to the sea and castle The room was very clean and complementary toiletries in the bathroom ,. We ate in the bar and cannot fault the tasty food . The atmosphere was very relaxed ,just what you want after a long day . The staff on duty were friendly and polite . The hotel was very quiet in the night even though it was full ,so a good nights sleep was had .Overall this is a great little hotel and will certainly return and would highly reccommend to anyone visiting the area looking for a good value stop over .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aggs321
Thank you very much for such a lovely review! We are all very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you would recommend us to others! We look forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belford
Doxford Hall Hotel
Doxford Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chathill
Dunstanburgh Castle Hotel
Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel
Marshall Meadows Country House H...
#2 of 3 in Berwick-upon-Tweed
#1 of 1 in Eshott
The White Swan Hotel
The White Swan Hotel
#5 of 5 in Alnwick

Been to Purdy Lodge? Share your experiences!