“Fantastic B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berwick-upon-Tweed
Granary Guest House
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Fantastic B&B”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed at The Granary for 3 nights and what a find! Absolutely spotlessly clean, beautifully furnished and hosts Pam & David couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. Fabulous breakfast with home made treats too. We'll definitely be staying again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: the dream suite is lovely - wonderful little touches and really quiet despite its central location i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank donmar4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Billingham
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We've just stayed at The Granary for the fourth time and I must say I never tire of this place. David and Pam are wonderful hosts, so friendly and thoughtful with their attention to detail second to none from the minute you step inside this beautiful property. It is simply stunning, luxurious and immaculately clean and I can fully understand why it's rated no 1 in Berwick.

Their award winning breakfasts are just divine and made with top quality organic ingredients served in their elegant dining room.

We can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MargyBillingham
Duham, England
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We first stayed at The Granary when we visited Berwick for our anniversary last year. This year we wanted to stay at The Granary for our anniversary, so we went to Berwick.
The place is simply superb. It's immaculate, beautifully decorated and everything is exactly where you would want it to be, and such good quality, from the furnishings to the complimentary body lotion, we genuinely can't praise it enough.
The breakfasts are to die for, we have sampled most of the menu between us over our stays - my husband said the eggs benedict with smoked trout was the best breakfast he had ever had, and the porridge I had on our last day made me not want to eat anything else ever again - I do not know what Pam puts in it but it is simply divine.
Pam and David are fabulous hosts, friendly, warm and with an attention to detail in their home and for their guests that never fails to amaze me. Don't just stay here when you visit Berwick - visit Berwick just to stay here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hertfordshire England
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We travelled up by train for a short break recently and like other reviewers we were picked up from the station by David, and given a short guided tour on route to the hotel. On arrival we were shown to our lovely room with fantastic bathroom (the Dream suite) and invited downstairs for tea and cakes in the sitting room. My wife has been having treatment for cancer for nearly two years and this was a much needed break for us following another course of chemo. Due to my wifes health issues there were some special requests re food and Pam and David were more than happy to help and didn't make us feel in any way awkward. We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts, which were fantastic - hard to choose what was best as it was all great - I would recommend the full Scottish, my wife the raspberry pancakes/pikelets. The weather was kind to us and we were able to walk round the city walls, along the beach, to the pier and the riverside (not all on the same day!) We were there for 3 nights and ate at the Audela, Salmon Inn and the Queens Head, all were fine but we found there was very little atmosphere in the Salmon Inn (which may have been due to it being a Tues evening) but the best food was at the Queens Head - which is just around the corner from the Granary. We really enjoyed our stay and the small extra touches the Granary has to offer, along with the lovely room, excellent food and great hosts, all helped to make our trip comfortable and relaxing as possible. Thank you Pam and David.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My partner and I stayed in the Dream Suite for three nights, which meant that we got a special deal price reduction. The welcome and service was excellent from beginning to end: We came by train and David picked us up at the station and dropped us off when we left.

The bedroom is great - Large, comfortable bed and relaxing décor with plenty of space to chill out. The bathroom is fantastic - Powerful shower and separate large bath. The room was 'turned down' in the evenings while we were out, including nice touches like chocolates left on the bed.

The breakfasts cooked by Pam were fabulous - My partner is vegetarian and I am vegan and Pam went out of her way to offer a range of off-menu choices: it was clear she had put a lot of thought into this and taken the trouble to source ingredients such as soya yoghurts and spreads and coconut milk to adapt items from the standard menu for me as well - My only problem was that I was always too full to finish breakfast as there was such a range and number of courses available!

We also opted to have massage treatments which are done on-site - The hot stone and Indian head massages were very relaxing and reasonably priced. Unfortunately I came down with a heavy cold during our stay - Even this led to another example of great service, as David offered me a hot toddy!

All in all, a great stay - Particularly if you have special dietary requirements and, like me, have experienced being told in advance you can be catered for but finding out this isn't the case on arrival, the Granary is a refreshing change - I can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: The Dream Suite is well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My wife and I plus two friends decided on a break in Berwick and were absolutely delighted with our accommodation. The rooms were spotless and the facilities great. David and Pam were perfect hosts giving information on the area and always on hand for help and advice.
Please do not plan a large lunch as the breakfast here will keep you satisfied for most of the day and the food is top quality and the dining room special.
I would recommend this wonderful B & B with no hesitation.
Oh, and we took advantage of a 3 nights for the price of 2 - Unbelievable value

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
lincoln uk
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Pam and David are excellent hosts and making guests feel welcome comes natural to them. The Dream Suite is just amazing and one of the most relaxing and well decorated rooms I have ever stayed in.Pam's breakfast is out of this world- the Trout eggs benedict is well worth a try!! All previous positive reviews I had read were spot on and I'm glad I took notice. Pam and David, you have a real gem and a haven.

Room Tip: The Dream Suite is - a dream!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple