We were staying for a couple of nights at a nearby B&B, and enjoyed evening meals at The Lindisfarne Inn on consecutive evenings. Unusually, there were FOUR good veggie choices on the menu, plus a number of veggie starters, all of which was great news for us.
Service was very good, with friendly, helpful staff - obviously well-trained, and all appearing to be happy at their job.
The food certainly lived up to our expectations - no disappointments here.
On the second evening (a Saturday), the restaurant was very busy so we were glad that we had taken the precaution of booking in advance. Once again the service, choice and quality of food experienced was very good.
Staff were kept very busy clearing and cleaning tables in order to enable a quick turnover of hungry diners. Despite their best efforts I suspect that this pressure contributed to an element of the dreaded 'Sticky Table Syndrome'. No criticism of any particular member of staff is intended (they were using cleaning sprays, and wiping tables vigorously!), but there is room for a touch of improvement here (a more frequent change of cleaning cloths perhaps?).
If it had not been for this relatively small but important aspect, we would have had no hesitation in giving an overall rating of '5'.
As it stands we would certainly recommend, and I am sure that we will be returning sometime in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcoming, great value three-star inn with accommodation in Northumberland. 22 en-suite rooms, free WiFi, complimentary Northumberland breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Lindisfarne Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lindisfarne Hotel Berwick Upon Tweed
- The Lindisfarne Inn Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland