“Great for a family break - we meet the cousins here annually”

Berwick Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Visited the Haven site for a 4 night break w/c 28 July 2014. We went for a 3 bedroomed Superior caravan and were very pleasantly surprised to get an upgrade on arrival. We stayed in a Prestige which had a definite seaside feel to it with pale woodwork and stripy curtains - very nice. It was well kept and very clean with a lovely shower and a good sized fridge and freezer. We had one problem with the fan on the cooker but this was quickly rectified by the maintenance staff. Kids enjoyed the indoor pool lots though it's not particularly large and tried the outdoor one a couple of times though it has to be said it was rather chilly even in the sunshine! They tried lots of activities between them - the electric scooters looked so much fun we as adults were keen to give it a go! The archery and shooting went down a storm with boys and girl and the fencing was great fun when matched with someone of a similar size. Our youngest one just made the age for the indoor canoeing and he enjoyed that a lot with the instructor a veritable wave machine in his own right!! The arcade was popular as always - good to see a considerable number of 2p machines in operation still. The staff on the prize counter are excellent with such patience. We saw the entertainment a couple of nights and really enjoyed the Haven's got talent show. All the acts were great and not too many made it lots of fun. Couldn't believe there are holiday makers on site still feeding the rather large seagulls - Haven do try to discourage this. Like a previous reviewer we visited Limoncellos Italian at the end of the shops and round the corner in Berwick upon Tweed. I'd recommend it to anyone, lovely modern surroundings, great service and the set lunch menu is a steal! If you plan on buying holiday rock I'd recommend getting it at the Haven site I forgot and at a £1 a stick in Berwick it seemed rather expensive!

1  Thank relaxedholidaygoer
Berwick H, Guest Relations at Berwick Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hello there, we love to hear from our returning guests here at Berwick Holiday Park as they really see the difference in the Park form year to year.

I’m glad to read we were able to upgrade you, it’s always an added bonus when checking in. Our Beachcomber Prestige caravans are lovely, especially with their beach feel, central heating and large fridge freezer which are not always guaranteed in a Prestige.

Our Maintenance Team work very hard to make sure as little disruption as possible is caused during our guests stay.

The sports and leisure activities on park are fantastic for the kids, the electric scooters are a personal favourite of mine too, and they are great for whizzing around on. The target shooting seems to be a popular one with the boys and the men.

We always seem to have mixed reviews regarding the arcades but they are part of Haven, it would not be the same without them, I will make sure I pass on your kind words about the Team to the Manager Ray.

We love it when our guests join in with our entertainment, it makes all the difference.

All in all it sounds like you and your family have had a brilliant stay with us.

We can’t wait to see you again next year

Laura Forte

Write a ReviewReviews (1,128)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed for 4 nights at the end of July with my Mother, cousin and 2 daughters. The good points are that the park is relatively small so, no matter where your caravan is located, you are never too far away from all the facilities. We had a Deluxe Caravan which was spacious and clean and checking in was straightforward and quick. The town of Berwick upon Tweed itself is lovely and if you go there on Market day, Wed or Sat, it is a lovely day out.
The negatives were we were next door to a group of boys who were no older than 16 who were extremely noisy into the wee small hours. Their parents seemed to be in a different caravan with more young boys across from them so it looked as if they had brought a group with them and just let them run riot. I wouldn't have fancied the clean up after they had gone home either. From what we could see the caravan had practically been turned upside down due to having no adult supervision. I do think the park would benefit from security patrolling at night. We saw no evidence of this at all. The Mash and Barrel restaurant was a bit of a joke. We went at 4.30pm to take advantage of the save 25% for early dining offer. We were told it would be a 45 min wait for dinner. It was. We then ordered dessert. We were not told his would also be the same wait.... For 4 ice creams!!! We waited 45 minutes then I asked for a refund. Matthew at the bar was lovely. Extremely apologetic but they were short staffed. Not his fault or mine but come on Haven, employ some more Chefs or at least someone to scoop out Ice cream during the busy periods! The beach is well advertised around the park but unless you are an Olympic athlete, you would struggle down the steep, rickety stairs to get to it, some of which there are no handrail to steady you. We did enjoy it while we were there but it would definitely benefit from a bit of upgrading to make it safer and more accessible for elderly, people with babies etc. Final niggle is I think the play area should have more than one swing considering how many children are there at any one time.
It is a nice park but I have been to better holiday parks, even Haven ones, the Lakeland one is in my opinion superior.

2  Thank Blondie1278

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

Berwick is an ideal Park for access to the facilities, your van be allocated anywhere on Park and it will only rake a 5 minute walk to reach the main complex.

I’m happy to read you found your accommodation clean and check in was straight forward and swift.

I am saddened to hear you were disrupted during your stay. Here at Berwick we are a family Holiday Park and we do not tolerate any sort of disruption to our holiday makers. We provide all guests with a 24 hour security number to use if they require any assistance at any time during their stay.

During the night our on park security patrols the park every hour in a van and on foot.
I have passed your concerns on to the Mash and Barrel Manager who would like to send on his apologies for your wait and will also be looking into this further.

We always try to direct our guests to the beach via the golf course as we find this is the safest and easiest access, it has a hand rail and is more flat, especially with the wee ones and the elderly. I’m sorry this was not explained to you during your stay.

The play park has been put forward to be enlarged during any developments in the future.

We do hope you come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

we have been coming to berwick holiday park for a few years now and our kids love the place as does our dog my mother in law also came with us this time we always get a standard plus caravan as we have the dog we cant go any higher than that and every year i worry that the caravan will be a let down but no yet again our caravan was very spacious and clean and in a great spot number 41 kielder court we stayed from monday to friday begining 14th of july weather was lovely most of the time which is always a bonus ,as it isnt our main holiday we do our dinners in the caravan however we did eat out on our last night in the town at a lovely resturant called la ciello think thats how you say it lol we had one fabulous hot day kids went in outdoor pool which they love as always went to showbar most nights entertainment team do a fantastic job the girl who does the singing most nights sorry cant remember her name is fantastic also the pink tribute act was another great night we always find the park well kept and clean however did see a lot of rubbish etc on beach including dirty nappies absoloutley no need for it dont see why people cant just bag it up and take it with them ,over all we love the park so much so that weve allready booked up for easter and summer holidays next year

2  Thank Susangeorgeandkids
Berwick H, Guest Relations at Berwick Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hello there, it’s lovely to read reviews from our returning families as they really see the benefits from our long term changes on park.

Our Standard Plus accommodations are fantastic with the dog, you can really feel the difference from the extra 2 foot in width, I’m glad you found it up to our usual high standards we strive for.
We have been so lucky with the weather lately, it’s great to see our guests enjoying themselves sunshine.

Our Entertainment team work very hard to make sure our families are entertained during their whole holiday, from kids clubs to circus shows and pantomimes. I will make sure I pass on your kind words to Chloe our Entertainment manager.

Unfortunately the beach is council owned but we often do a beach clean once a month and one took place last week and I have also been in contact with the council to make sure it is cleaned more often.

Its fantastic top hear you have booked up for Easter next year, we can’t wait to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Family of four stayed for a long weekend. Caravan was great. Clean and tidy with everything you could need.

Our two girls thoroughly enjoyed the swimming pools and the arcades and the staff were always happy and helpful.

Our only complaint was the price of things. The drinks were very expensive. Over £7 for two pints of lager. And the food, whilst acceptable, didn't warrant the price tag of £19 for two main courses.

Would recommend to others but would warn them of the prices, but don't know if we'll be back as it proved to be an expensive weekend.

3  Thank Mrs C

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights for a family celebration and really can't fault it,,,, caravan was great (Betty boop prestige ) park looks clean and well kept and staff very helpful......a BIG thanks to Jamie and staff at the mash barrel for all their help in making the celebration go well ...... Bar prices are reasonable, but if you like a game of pool I think £1 a game is a bit much,,, plenty for kids, huge arcade area..... I think the bingo is about of a rip off tho, only last half an hour,, £14 for a 5 or is it 6 page book and 1 flyer,... Only one game per page,

I would go back if it was for an event again .

Room Tip: I would think twice if all adults in one caravan as the single rooms are more like cupboards.
1  Thank scott020
Berwick H, Guest Relations at Berwick Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us here at Berwick holiday Park.

I’m glad to read you enjoyed your accommodation, the Betty Boop van is a popular one on park with its great location and car parking space allocated right next to it.

It’s brilliant to hear the Mash and Barrel Team went above and beyond for the 50th birthday, I will make sure I pass on your lovely feedback to Jamie and the rest of his team.

I have passed your feedback regarding bingo prices onto Chloe our Entertainment Manager although I do hope this does not deter you from holidaying with us here at Berwick again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Went to Berwick 1wk holiday 19-25 July had a fantastic time me hubby and kids (8,7) ad a ball weather was gr8 even got in the outdoor pool, will return soon hopefully Sept holi W/E :-), the Brewers Arms nxt to Iceland a favourite for lunch gr8 value food.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jeni6

It sounds like you and your family have had a fantastic holiday here at Berwick Holiday Park.

We have been so lucky lately with the great weather and our guests have been able to use the outdoor pool and splash zone.

September weekend is filling up quickly so feel free to give me a call on 01289 307 113 to make a reservation and I can add your visit again discount on for you.

Hopefully see you soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We booked a caravan at this site very last minute with our family. We opted for a superior plus caravan and paid the extra for a 2014 model. (Glad we did).The caravan was very modern, clean and well equipped with everything you would require.
The facilities on the site are good, I.e the restaurant, the pools and the activities for the kids.
Something's on site are quite costly, I.e the shop (take all food,drink and toiletries with you), the kids shop in the showbar , and the price of the drink from the bars.
It's also good that Berwick town centre is within walking distance, where is there is several different places to eat and drink.

We had a good weekend but a word of warning, the site has a seagull problem (large problem!), the caravan we were allocated was right to next to their nests and the noise was unbearable especially through the night. Also do not eat outside as they will be off with your food out your hand.
It's a shame as the site is lovely but the seagulls are annoying!

1  Thank JW14JW

Hello and thank you for leaving a review on Trip Advisor.

Our brand new 2014 models are fantastic, especially as they come with the full central heating and are double glazed throughout.

We like to keep our families entertained throughout their stay, from our kids clubs with pantomimes and the circus to our sports and leisure activities such as archery and aqua jets, there’s always something to do.

I’m sorry to hear you found the prices a little expensive, the spars own brand goods are less costly and the bar prices match many of the bars and restaurants in town, I hope this did not cause too much inconvenience to you and your party.

We are currently working with an outside company to try and reduce the number of seagulls on park, this is an ongoing issue we are trying to handle, I would like to apologise for this and hope it does not deter you and your family from staying with us again in the future.

Laura Forte

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berwick-upon-Tweed
Travelodge Berwick upon Tweed
Travelodge Berwick upon Tweed
#3 of 3 in Berwick-upon-Tweed
Queens Head Hotel
Queens Head Hotel
#1 of 3 in Berwick-upon-Tweed
2 mi away
Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel
Marshall Meadows Country House H...
#2 of 3 in Berwick-upon-Tweed
Haggerston Castle Holiday Park - Haven
Caroline House
Caroline House
#1 of 4 in Spittal
The Rob Roy Restaurant
The Rob Roy Restaurant
#9 of 45 in Berwick-upon-Tweed

Been to Berwick Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!