“Overall, a fantastic holiday.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berwick-upon-Tweed
Berwick Holiday Park - Haven
North East
“Overall, a fantastic holiday.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We have visited this Holiday Park many times over the last few years and have enjoyed our stays.

We stayed in a Super Deluxe Caravan, accommodation was ready early which was a bonus. The rooms where nice and clean as we arrived, and was spacious and roomy.

There's lots to do in Berwick itself which is another bonus, more value for your money.

Two areas for improvement:

•Wifi would be ideal around the caravan areas (although there is Wifi in the restaurant and arcade area.)

•More household items including iron, ironing board in caravans (Although we did take our own.)

All in all, a great place to have a great holiday. Will definitely be back again :)

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank James-Visits
Berwick H, Guest Relations at Berwick Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello! It sounds like you and your family have had a fantastic stay with us here at Berwick Holiday Park.

It’s great to hear such lovely feedback from our returning guests as they really see the differences on the Park from year to year.

I’m happy to read that you found your accommodation ready early and it was all clean on arrival, our House keeping team work extremely hard on check in days to meet the high expectations we strive for here at Berwick, I will make sure I pass on your kind words to the House keeping Manager.

We have tried in the past to provide wifi in our caravans and unfortunately this has not worked. We are hoping that in the near future with all this modern day technology we now have that it will be up and running soon.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some great feedback on Trip Advisor.

We can’t wait to see you again soon.

Laura Forte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Arrived monday 4august we were early and the caravan wasn't ready which is what I expected. We walked into Berwick town centre along the side of the golf course and did a bit of shopping I was phoned after a hour to tell me my caravan was ready so we headed back to the site. The reception staff are very helpful and gave us directions to our caravan, we were on a budget and booked the cheapest accommodation haven had. Our high chair and travel cot were there already. We didn't use the cot as it wouldn't fit in our room and didn't want to leave the 16 month child in the living room alone so she slept with us in the double bed, we did however notice a smell in the main double bedroom and we complained the next day (tuesday) a member of house keeping came and cleaned the carpets in all the rooms but unfortunately the smell remained. We took it upon ourselves to clean the caravan and it honestly looked better after we had finished. Like I mentioned the caravan was basic but had everything we needed but it really should've been cleaned a lot better ( the fridge was the worst) we complained again on Thursday and I'll tell you the outcome later.
The whole park itself is really clean and there are 2 beaches one for the park and the other just outside the entrance. Plenty of entertainment for the kids archery, arcades, bungee trampoline and other things too. The clubhouse is what you'd expect kids fun early evening then adult later. We didn't stay too late and the drinks prices are average. There's a spar on site beer and wine is a fair price but a packet of monster munch was £1.35 and weetabix were over £3 for 24so we did our shopping in town. Chip shop on site £2.50 for a bag of chips which turned out to be frozen ones and not fresh. I do think that haven don't tell the spar or the chip shop what to charge so they pretty much charge what they like.
It wouldn't be fair of me to comment on the mash and barrel as we didn't use it at all, there's a laundrette which charges £7.50 for a large wash £3 pound to use an iron and £2.50 for the tumble drier.there are many takeaways in town but only a few are allowed on site to deliver to you so ask security which ones they are and they'll help you out
When we checked out we were met by one of the supervisors who listened to our complaint and gave us £25 pounds back which we used as our deposit to go back next year. So all in all we've not been put off and we've been promised they won't let us down next year. I would say all in all it was a great experience and look forward to next year...oh and we got a free upgrade and cheaper than this years price

PS people there are loads of supermarkets all within a ten min drive so do shop around

Room Tip: Go for the prestige range
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dean H
Berwick H, Guest Relations at Berwick Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello there and thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

I’m sorry to read that your accommodation had a bad smell and wasn’t clean on arrival. I am glad to see you contacted reception regarding this and housekeeping came round clean the carpets, however I am disappointed to read we did not rectify this fully whilst you were on park and for this I would like to apologise.

I have passed on your feedback regarding the chip shop to Dean the chip shop manager who will be looking into this.

All in all a bit of a mixed review but I am glad to see you will be returning next year and I will assure your accommodation is pre checked by myself before your arrival.

I’d like to reassure you of our commitment to first class customer service. We strive to consistently take pride in our park and your feedback has helped us to identify improvements.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from the site..we all had a brilliant time! The site is clean & well equipped,staff super friendly! Our highlight s were the proximity to the stunning beaches and Berwick it's self.. I would definitely recommend and we hope to return..

1 Thank Emma W
It sounds like you and your family have had a great time staying with us here at Berwick Holiday Park. We are so lucky to be right on the edge of the coast, great for a morning walk in the rising sun.

Thank you for the lovely review, come and see us again soon!

Edinburgh
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Visited for a long weekend & had a great time. Caravan was a 3bed 'Prestige' which was well worth paying extra for as there was ample space for 6 of us. Central heating was also a bonus. The van itself was spotless when we arrived and the couple of minor maintenance issues we had were attended to within 30mins of arrival.
The staff on the park are a credit to it, all very friendly and helpful.
We prepaid activities for our kids which were well organised and we felt comfortable leaving them under the supervision of the park staff while we grabbed a coffee & some adult time!
The only small fault for us qas the lack of outdoor play areas suitable for small people! No baby swings, or toddler friendly slides etc but there was a small free indoor softplay we made good use off. Kids shows were fun (for the kids,not us!!) but that's what they're intended to be. Didn't see adult shows as kids in bed by 9 but other reviews mentioned drunken behavior....we didn't see anything like that. We also didn't find the bar expensive as you'll pay £5 a pint in Edinburgh city so £3.50 was a bargain! Depends on what you're used to, same goes for supermarket which was well stocked and of average price for most things.
Very likely we'll be returning here as it was our 1st Haven experience but hopefully not our last.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello and thank you for the fantastic review you left on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us here at Berwick Holiday Park.

The prestige grades of accommodation are fantastic, they are not advertised as coming with central heating but the last 2 years all of our new models have come equipped with full central heating and double glazing which comes in very handy when the temperature drops during the night.

I’m glad to read your maintenance issues were rectified straight away for you, we like our guests to have as little disruption as possible during their stay.

I have passed on your feedback regarding the play park to the Holiday Experience Manager who is going to put it forward for any new development in the future.

Our entertainment team work extremely hard to keep our families entertained during their stay and its lovely to hear such great feedback regarding the team, I will make sure I pass on your kind words. We do like to make our guests feel welcome and part of our big family.

We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

It's the first time I've stayed in a caravan for a very long time and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Our party consisted of myself,wife,son,his mate and 2 dogs. I wasn't expecting much of a caravan with having 2 dogs but we where very surprised. It was spotless. Our son and his mate made the most of the facilities on offer and enjoyed them all. We spent most of our time exploring the coast line and everything else on offer with our dogs. In the evening our son would look after the dogs while we went the mash and barrel for something to eat. We ate there over our entire stay and never had a bad meal. The chilli burger was outstanding and I'd even say on par with Hard Rock burgers. The Spar shop was handy too. We're looking at booking again next year we enjoyed it that much.

1 Thank Matt640ktm
Berwick H, Guest Relations at Berwick Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
It sounds like you and your family have had a ball staying with us here at Berwick Holiday Park.

Northumberland is a beautiful part of the country for exploring, especially down the coast, Bamburgh is a favourite of mine and the beach is fantastic for the dogs.

The Mash and Barrel is lovely for a meal, the decking area is great for them sunny evening, you will often find us out there for a cheeky drink after a busy day in the office.

Thank you for your lovely review and we can’t wait to welcome you back next year.

STIRLING
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend break at Haven Berwick and was pleasantly surprised...
All the staff were very friendly and welcoming. We had a superior caravan and it was spotlessly clean, basic but it had everything we needed. Had a niggle with our smoke alarm but this was fixed very promptly. Ate in mash and barrel and it was really good value for money again very efficient staff. Entertainment was mixed, you need lots of money for the biggest arcade I have ever been in.. Our wee boy loved it :) pool was also good but as you can imagine very busy at peak times. We requested a quiet part of the site and were very glad that we did as some of the other guests were there for a 'party' any potential trouble security were quick to handle this. Only downside for us was the chip shop £7.50 for a fish supper and the quality was poor :( also come on berwick please keep the beach clean dirty nappies and rubbish everywhere!!! We would return again but not during Summer period.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank KAZIBEAR
It sounds like you and your family have had a lot of fun here at Berwick Holiday Park.

I’m happy to hear you found your accommodation clean on arrival, and equipped with everything you needed to enjoy your stay to its full potential.

Our maintenance team work extremely hard to make sure our holiday makers experience as little disruption as possible during their stay.

The swimming pool is very popular, especially the outdoor pool when it’s sunny.
We always advise our guests to phone up with request as it helps us out as much as you and we like to be able to meet our guest’s expectations wherever possible.

I have passed on your concerns to Dean the Chip Shop Manager who will be looking into this for you, he has asked me to pass on his apologies.

We love the beach too and we wish we could look after it but unfortunately it is Northumberland Council who own it. We do conduct a beach clean once a month where some of our team members go down and clear up the rubbish and I have recently been in contact with
Northumberland Council to ask them to clean it more often for our holiday makers.
We hope to see you again soon.

stanley co Durham
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We have been comming to this psrk for a good few year I like it because of its friendly atmosphere and its small and cosy . The kids love it to pleanty for them to do and get involved in its a shame the extra activaties are so pricey though having a few children its impossible to pay the price for activity passes but never mind park itself is clean and tidy staff were all helpfull snd courteous funstsrs were great especially chloe that girl was made for entertaining . Caravan was fine only down side for me is not enough pillows you get one which is very slim so I had to fold towels up to go under .overall very nice park .

• Stayed July 2014
Hi there and thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

Here at Berwick Holiday Park we like to make our guests feel like part of the family, with our friendly and approachable atmosphere our guests always feel welcome.

Our kids clubs are all included in our entertainment passes, they include activities such as Z-Stomp, The Character Sports Day and also the Wrestling on a Saturday at 2pm. Also the Everyone Outdoors which you book at the swimming pool reception desk.

Chloe and her team work extremely hard to keep our families entertained during their whole stay, I will make sure I pass on your kinds words.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Laura Forte
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berwick-upon-Tweed
Travelodge Berwick upon Tweed
Travelodge Berwick upon Tweed
#3 of 3 in Berwick-upon-Tweed
Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel
Marshall Meadows Country House H...
#2 of 3 in Berwick-upon-Tweed
Purdy Lodge
Purdy Lodge
#1 of 1 in Belford
Haggerston Castle Holiday Park - Haven

Been to Berwick Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!