Thistle do Nicely
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It is a very rare event for me to visit a cafe, but finding myself with half an hour to kill, I decided to have a cup of tea and a filled roll with my son.
My wife and family are regular visitors here, so I was well recommended.
On entering Thistle Do Nicely, I was immediately impressed by how bright the place was, and clean too - we noticed that tables were cleared immediately that they became vacant.
As i continued to look around, it struck me again how clean and bright it was, a point reinforced by my visit to the toilets too.
Tea was reasonably priced, as was our food, which was tasty and cooked to order - very pleasant.
I will remain an infrequent visitor to cafes, but i would not hesitate in recommending Thistle Do Nicely to all.

1  Thank tweedsider

Reviewed 18 April 2014

A very nice cafe who rescued me in my hour of need, not once, but twice when I was desperate for the loo. Lovely latte and one of the nicest scones I've had.

1  Thank mick_hunter
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I had one lunch in Thistle Do Nicely after reading a review on TripAdvisor and wasn't disappointed. Lovely home-cooked food and good value.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Recommended to us for it's home cooked fare, the food was superb - with the exception of the baked potato which was undercooked, but replaced with no fuss. The all day breakfast was quite the best value I have experienced anywhere, and others raved about the home made burger with haggis. Service was prompt and friendly.

1  Thank jbnberwick
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stopped in on way south, had the big breakfast. Food was lovely, nothing greasy atall and all cooked to perfection. Great place to have food at. We'll done