“Changes...”
Review of Amaryllis - CLOSED

Amaryllis
Price range: US$2 - US$32
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Amaryllis is a lovely restaraunt/cafe. A few of my work colleagues and I often lunch out here occasionally during the week or on a weekend. Girls very polite and happy to serve. We haven't been to Amaryllis since September due to change of duties/hours at work. There aren't many nice places to dine for lunch hence why we visit here so often. We had lunch one day last week and I must say I was not at all impressed. Staff were miserable, not only did they not greet us when we arrived but they took a while to attempt coming across to take our lunch order and drinks. Usually when being a regular for so long, you get to know staff and chat while being served but not this time. No familiar staff and just not the same atmosphere as it once used to be! Not the same place as it once was I'm afraid and it's sad I have to say.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Looking for somewhere to eat early lunchtime, or even just lunchtime, around the Berwick area in January isn't particularly easy, especially if you're vegetarian. If you discount supermarket cafes and the local garden centre, then most other places offer standard traditional Sunday lunch, with precious little choice, and don't usually start serving till after 12 at least. It was a cold, wet, raw day and we'd been on the go since early. Took a chance on Amaryllis being open and it was, although we were the only people in at that time. However not a murmur of complaint at our early arrival, a full menu at our disposal, which has a variety of options, either full meals, or baguettes with rather more substantial than usual fillings, as well as soups. They even offer smaller portion sizes on a couple of the mains, which is good. Husband enjoyed a baguette with sausages and onion marmalade, which was well filled and tasty, along with some curly fries. I had a small portion of wild mushroom risotto, which was excellent and I doubt if I could have managed a full portion it was so filling. Great cappucinos and one of their many generous slices of traybake to finish and all for £20. Congratulations - we've been in before an odd time, but Sunday was specially welcome and we'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We visited the city for 3 days and ended up coming to this place for lunch each day as it was so tasty. The have a variety of lunch option from creamy soups and quiche to baguette sandwiches and moussaka. The portions were more than filling and typically came with a healthy spinach leaf salad! Friendly service. It won't disappoint!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Been in Amaryllis a few times and never had anything to complain about. My partner and I were in here about 15 minutes without even being noticed! Then when we eventually got served the waitress found it very difficult to smile let alone serve us. Very unlike this cafe as it usually is a very welcoming environment. Not anymore! Don't think we will be back here in a hurry!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

First time we've been here since moving to Berwick 8 months ago, and very pleased we did! Only had the soup, but wow! It's the best soup I've had, seriously. Berwick really does have lots of little treats if you look hard enough. We've been really impressed since moving up here. Service is very friendly too, but then I now expect that from the lovely people in the North East!!