“mmmmmmm delicious.”

Queens Head Hotel Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2017

4 of us celebreated my wifes birthday hereand the whole afternoon was 5 star from start to finish. We all ordered different dishes, my scallops with black pudding starter was absolutely delicious, so delicious at the time I could have eaten 3 of them and no main course. Glad I didn't because my main of sea bas fillets were TO DIE FOR.
A sticky toffee pudding and crumble to share, 2 bottles of Sauvignon Blanc and a couple of glasses of Sauternes and the VERY memorable birthday celebration was complete.
All I can say is what an awesome place, with excellent food and service to match.
Won't be able to wait for a birthday before we visit again.

garrygreenaway, Owner at Queens Head Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Again another very complimentary review! What's going on! Rosie & Peter thank you for your very kind words & we are happy we made your special occasion, pleasurable & an enjoyable one. All the boxes seemed to be ticked on your night with us & hope we can provide many more memorable & joyous occasions in the future.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Right, where do I start..... lost for words to be brutally honest.... this is by far.... BY FAAAAR..... (so far) the best food I've eaten in the town of Berwick upon tweed. The first time I went to the queens head about 5 years ago I was very ill with anxiety/depression and suffered a very bad panic attack and had to leave before our food came, embarrassing and I avoided going as a result of my utterly mortified exit, ANYWAY... sod that, we went today and were looked after from the start. A 4 people table set up for us complete with high chair for Luna was waiting..... ice cold jug of water with various breads/butter to eat before and between courses. First course was goats cheese and sun dried tomato bruschetta, it was hot and the combination of flavours was seriously amazin. Sams beef & pork lasagne was without doubt the best lasagne I have ever tasted. Packed with flavour... you could taste the pork and beef individually within the dish, the depth of flavour regarding the herbs and tomato was incredible. Olivia's chicken curry was again blown away with flavour and tender pieces of chicken and it was the best she's tasted.... (which by the way is a major success for that review). Then came the show stopper, the beef roast dinner.... it came rare (at my request), the vegetables were so nice and cooked perfectly, never had courgette with Sunday roast but it was delicious. The Yorkshire puddings were perfect and on par with my own! (obviously).... and the gravy was perfect. To finish the girls shared a sticky toffee pudding which was drowned in toffee sauce with vanilla ice cream, never got a photo as they was already stuffing it in their gobs, and I risked having an amoretti tiramisu, reason being when I was younger my brothers would give me the coffee chocolates outta quality streets and it put me off the idea of coffee in deserts etc, this was off the scale, a mild taste of coffee and mascarpone on top. I'm no joking, I can't wait to go back.... the service was exemplary, the atmosphere was joyful and the Motown music was a good touch. Gary's staff are brilliant and his chefs clearly know how to produce the goods. I have been sick to death of going to restaurants and leaving with bad criticism and dissatisfaction. But this was a brilliant idea to eat here, we left talking about the food we just ate and it perfected our Sunday so much so, I'm writing this review! I don't know Gary Greenaway on a personal level but hats off to him and his business. I hope a lot of people see this and go and experience a pleasant Sunday like my family and I just have. Bravo....

Thankyou.

A big thanks for your detailed & very complimentary review Andrew. In all honesty I maybe slightly embarrassed about the review because although we have been at the hotel 17 years, our aim back then & now is to offer the good locally sourced food, efficient personal service in comfortable surroundings without the pretentiousness & for our customers to leave happy & content with the potential of spreading the word to family & friends. Again many thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Visited the Queens head for a long service award, there were 3 of us and we all choose from the evening menu. The 3 of us agree it could not be faulted in any way all the food was very good and each of us had 3 courses, just great

Many thanks for your kind words Mick & happy to provide your long service lunch for you all. Hope to see you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We really popped in by accident and got a very warm welcome and the next free table has been made up for us. Great service, good atmosphere & food of the highest quality! We intend to return tomorrow!!

1  Thank Sabine Lee L
garrygreenaway, Owner at Queens Head Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thanks Sabine for your kind words & to give us an opportunity to serve fresh locally sourced produce to you. In this day there is no excuse not to use fresh produce & thankfully our producers can deliver 7 days per week, so we can pass on the freshness to the customers dining with us. I can only assume you returned for more punishment the following evening??? Hopefully we managed to produce the goods again??

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Cosy warm room, marvelous selection of food, We ate here all three evenings of our stay at thehotel on a recommendation and were not disappointed. Large selection of local produce served- breakfast was also great. Gary and his team were all friendly and did their best to please. Food to die for....... Looking forward to next visit

Another very complimentary review!! What's going on?? Seriously though many thanks for you high praise & we are more than happy all of the family enjoyed their stay & dining experience with us.
Referrals play a big part in our business & although the market is very competitive, thankfully we have built up a reputation were we have many customers returning year after year. Let's hope you kindly spread the word to family & friends. Hope to see you all in the not too distant future. Many thanks again