“Birthday meal”

Queens Head Hotel Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal food always very good, they made it very special for my daughters birthday, will be back again soon

garrygreenaway, Owner at Queens Head Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Many thanks for your kind comments Veronica & it's pleasing to know your daughter enjoyed her special occasion & all being well we see you return again if not before the next birthday.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Berwick Upon Tweed for one night and fortunately the owner of the B&B where we were staying recommended the Queens Head for dinner.
We dropped in during the day and booked a table for that evening.
Returning on the night we were greeted by the most pleasant, friendly and helpful staff, the menus was varied and my wife and I both went with a 3 course meal which was absolutely first class, I must also say that the Monk Fish I chose for my main course was the best I have ever tasted and I can assure you, I have Eaton a lot of Monkfish in a great many Restaurant’s.
Should you be visiting Berwick Upon Tweed, don’t miss out on the chance of enjoying some wonderful food, book a table at the Queens Head.
Steve & Angela Chambers.
Leigh on Sea, Essex.

1  Thank Steven C

Wow kind words indeed Steve & I not for one second will dispute that or think that you have exaggerated but in truth we try to let the food do the speaking which sometimes we get wrong, we are just trying to be honest & aspire to be the best in everything that we do. Complacency plays a big part in many establishments so we try to be as pro-active as we can be.
I will certainly pass on your gratitude to our members of staff & again appreciate your comments. Thanks again

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We had trawled around looking for a place to eat (we are fussy !)
The Queens Head looked ok and we were offered what turned out to be, very tasty, well presented rolls and a lovely pint of local ale.
Just what we wanted !

Kind words indeed David & happy to know everything was to your satisfaction. In truth you have to make the front facade welcoming which can be difficult when you are a Listed building. Thankfully we managed to deliver what you were looking for & all being well we may see you again in the future if you both decide to return to the surrounding area.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We were welcomed, with our dog, to enjoy lunch inside the cosy restaurant. The food was excellent, cider was delicious and our dog appreciated the supply of dog treats offered offered by the friendly waitresses.

A big thanks Julie & pleased everyone enjoyed including the dog. I'm sure it can be a stumbling block to try & find decent restaurants or pubs that are dog friendly & in truth it seems madness to me how some proprietors turn business away in this day & age with all the competition around.
Fingers crossed we see you all again in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

have a look on the web page If you plan to go early, you will see that they do a special price but you have to book and remind them or else you will get the normal menu. The food is excellent and we will go again

1  Thank Englisheric

Many thanks Eric for your kind & constructive comments. We have slightly amended the service opening hours as from last week we serve food everyday from 12pm through until 8.30pm to avoid any confusion & fingers crossed we can deliver the same quality experience the next time you visit us.