“Excellent in every way”

Bridge View Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berwick-upon-Tweed
Bridge View Bed & Breakfast
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is one of the best B&Bs I have stayed in (and I have been to more than 100). It is halfway between the railway station and the walled-town (about 5 minutes walk from both) in a quiet street. I had the single room which was nicely decorated and a good size with an adjoining bathroom. The breakfasts were of the highest quality with nice little touches like the home-made marmalade and the fresh strawberries for the cereals. Best of all is the warm welcome from Lynda and Jack. Like another reviewer, I borrowed a number of books and pamphlets from Lynda's enormous library of local history and benefitted from my hosts' really useful knowledge of local places of interest, walks etc. Staying here is a real delight!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Lyndda, Owner at Bridge View Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thankyou very much for your kind words, hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I agree 100% with the other reviews on here. I just spent five nights at Bridge View and Lynda and Jack made me truly welcome. Large, comfortable room with a fine view of the Border Bridge and the Cheviots in the distance. Excellent and generous breakfasts, with a particular mention for Lynda's home-made whisky marmalade. Lynda is also full of information about the area and kindly lent me several books to help me explore this fascinating part of the country. If you can get a room here, do it!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Inverkeithing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Decided to take a trip to Berwick as I haven't visited there since I was a kid apart from going to the football park. I found the bridge view b&b on the tourist information website and emailed Lynda for availability and prices and she emailed back so I decided to book 4 nights with her. On arrival Lynda made me feel at home, she has a lovely b&b well worth staying at. I will definitely be recommending bridge view to my family and friends. My room was clean, warm, comfy and spacious with an excellent view of the railway bridge.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Visited Berwick after making an impromptu decision to pop up there for the night and stayed here. Lovely little B+B, Lynda is a very friendly host with a great knowledge of the local area and it's history and has an adorable pet cat.

Rooms were nice and clean with good facilities and a comfy bed. Good views of the Tweed as well.

Would recommend and would definitely go again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Bammental, Germany
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I arrived by bike from Edinburgh (along the NCR no. 1) quite late in the evening (approx. 21.00) after having a strenuous day and cold weather conditions. I was already awaited and experienced a very warm welcome which made me feel like arriving at home. The room was very warm, clean, spacious and comfortable. The same applied to the bathroom. I slept very well and had a great breakfast on the next day in a very familiar atmosphere (you should try the self-made marmalade of Lynda). If you stay at Brigde View you can also learn more about the history of Berwick and the region.
Many thanks for the great hospitality!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Uffculme, Cullompton, Devon
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We've made our annual pilgrimage from Devon to see family in Berwick and of course stayed again at this most excellent B & B. A very comfortable room with all facilities one could wish for and was a perfect refuge from the very cold wind outside. Superb breakfasts. Lynda is a marvellous hostess with nothing too much trouble. We will return in future years so long as we can manage the stairs with Lynda's wiolling help with the suitcases.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Edinburgh
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at Bridge View a number of times now, we thought it was about time we shared this gem of a place with others. With great rooms and a wonderful location, what really sets this lovely B&B apart are the owners Lynda and Jack. Nothing was too much trouble and we were made most welcome - wonderful hospitality. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013