“Exceptional service, beautiful building!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berwick-upon-Tweed
The Anchorage Guest House
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot on business and happened to chance upon this gem, for which I count myself very lucky!
My room and rest of the accommotation was spotlessly clean (and I have very high standards/expectations).
The bed and pillows were comfortable, the location felt safe for a lone female traveller and it was quiet.
There are many unexpected and thoughtful extras, which I would normally only expect from a much more expensive hotel, let alone B&B e.g. Shower cap, toiletries, ample supplies of tea, milk etc., a couple of kit kats (lovely touch!) and free wifi.
The house is full of Georgian character such as window shutters, a wonderful staircase (look up for a view of the stunning domed skylight! And my room had a good ensuite with a modern shower.
If I have one tiny vritivism, it would be the size of bath towels was a tad too small to wrap all the way around me- I'm a large lady though!
Breakfast was well cooked, with quality local ingtedients and I had a huge pot of tea all to myself.
I'd highly recommend a stay. The hosts were lovely - very knowledgable and welcoming. I honestly think that they undercharge for what is on offer. It cost me half of what a night at a boring generic chain would be (ie Premier Inn etc) and I'd have gladly paid more. I van 100% recommend this lovely B & B.

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for The Anchorage Guest House

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I had the opportunity to stop off in Berwick once more and knew I needed to return to the Anchorage. Seeing Ian and Sandra again was like visiting old friends. Their warmth and hospitality make this by far one of the best places I've stayed. The location is perfect and with parking permits available it is impossible to find fault. The carefully restored surroundings and decor are pitch perfect and the hearty breakfast truly set me up for my 7 hour drive home. I would wholeheartedly recommend the Anchorage to anyone. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank RobGregoryGY
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent room, great food and wonderful hosts. Sandra's history knowledge is second to none, very informative for anyone visiting the various museums and points of interest. Its also in close proximity to some lovely Northumberland beaches and scenic walks along the town walls. We'll be back!!!

Room Tip: All are equally good
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris A
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The reviews seemed too good to be true, However I can vouch after staying many times I can vouch that they're not.

The welcome from Ian/Sandra is always friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The guest house was spotlessly clean and there were some thoughtful. The breakfast was made freshly to order each morning and was excellent.

Having stayed over night in other locations including: Hastings, London, Colwyn Bay, Preston and others and the Anchorage is the best.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Really enjoyed my stay again at the Anchorage. Lovely friendly welcome as always from Sandra and Ian. Very comfortable room and spotlessly clean with special extra touches like the delicious biscuits. Well cooked and very tasty breakfast in front of a warming log burner. Highly recommended minutes away from the town centre no better place to stay in Berwick.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Having stayed last year in a clear trip, my girlfriend and I decided to drop by and see if there was a room available. They couldn't be more welcoming despite being caught at short notice - a lovely top class place to stay

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I'm back in berwick working again so I stayed with Ian and Sandra again as they always make me feel very welcome. Sadly this time I was working days so having to get up at 4am for work I was unable to have one of Ian's amazing full English breakfasts he did however make me some nice sandwiches which I took to work for lunch. The house looks even more welcoming inside now as the Xmas decs are all up and the spiral staircase is all lit up with lights so it looks great in the dark. Always a pleasure to stay here and look forward to my 4th visit so I can discuss more Doctor who geeky stuff with fellow whovian Sandra :D

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business