“Ian and Sandra Are Brilliant Hosts!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berwick-upon-Tweed
The Anchorage Guest House
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I regularly stay at this B n B during my work with corps security- and the full English is something to look forward to-when I finish my nightshifts!!! - It's good to have a natter with Ian (whilst we're putting the world to rights!!!)- Good TV too- might buy one of those myself!!
Also has a lovely shower!!-Could do with a corner shelf for my shampoo though!!!
Keep the brown sauce flowing Ian and Sandra - lovely on that brekkie!!!

Room Tip: Not Room 2 -that's MINE!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a superb B&B with all that we could wish for in welcome, room and breakfast. It is well located for sightseeing and shopping if that is your thing. The only downside is the lack of parking but as it is unlimited on sunday and we left by mid-day on Monday we got it for free on the street outside.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a very pleasant and comfortable stay at the Anchorage Guest House in Berwick-upon-Tweed. Ian and Sandra were very welcoming, and the room very clean, comfortable and had all the facilities one could need. Breakfast was excellent with ample choice. Also great to have somewhere secure to store the bicycle overnight, not to mention the opportunity to hose it down. The Anchorage is situated close to good restaurants and we had a very pleasant walk around the city walls which were within easy reach.

Room Tip: The Double Room with ensuite facilties that we used was very comfortable.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Not quite sure how we came about booking this B&B, but really glad we did. Ian and Sandra are really welcoming, the B&B is extremely clean, and if you can get through breakfast without leaving some, then you must have a massive appetite! The B&B is very well placed for the centre of town and is very good value. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at the anchorage for just three nights and found Ian & Sandra extremely helpful and great hosts, breakfast was excellent and they even supplied a special storage area for our motorbikes...
There local knowledge of where to eat and what to do was invaluable, well done to them both.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Had an enjoyable stay at the Anchorage Guest House in Berwick. Within walking distance from train station. Clean & tidy room, welcoming staff & a good selection of food and drink for breakfast. Execellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot on business and happened to chance upon this gem, for which I count myself very lucky!
My room and rest of the accommotation was spotlessly clean (and I have very high standards/expectations).
The bed and pillows were comfortable, the location felt safe for a lone female traveller and it was quiet.
There are many unexpected and thoughtful extras, which I would normally only expect from a much more expensive hotel, let alone B&B e.g. Shower cap, toiletries, ample supplies of tea, milk etc., a couple of kit kats (lovely touch!) and free wifi.
The house is full of Georgian character such as window shutters, a wonderful staircase (look up for a view of the stunning domed skylight! And my room had a good ensuite with a modern shower.
If I have one tiny vritivism, it would be the size of bath towels was a tad too small to wrap all the way around me- I'm a large lady though!
Breakfast was well cooked, with quality local ingtedients and I had a huge pot of tea all to myself.
I'd highly recommend a stay. The hosts were lovely - very knowledgable and welcoming. I honestly think that they undercharge for what is on offer. It cost me half of what a night at a boring generic chain would be (ie Premier Inn etc) and I'd have gladly paid more. I van 100% recommend this lovely B & B.

• Stayed: May 2014