“Great service, great food.”
Review of Verdi Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We ate at Verdi last July while en-route to Scotland. It was a very positive experience then and was repeated this time around. Wide ranging menu, cooked fresh, and easy to choose something for each course unlike some restaurants that struggle to provide variety. A minor point, if you sell pint bottles of bottle conditioned beer then provide pint glasses. It needs pouring in one go so as not to disturb the sediment in the bottom of the bottle - Alnwick VIP beer fans, try it, very nice.

2  Thank Davidel L

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I love this restaurant.My partner and I have visited it on more than three occasions. The chef is lovely and the waiting staff are always polite and friendly..Lovely people to serve you food.The decor is also cultural and well planned out for an Italian experience.

The food here is great value,affordable pizzas and delicious carbonara pasta are what we always go for and would highly recommend.Each time we have dined here we have finished eager for more.

...Although we can never quite finish the garlic bread pizza and always have to take half of it home with us.(I think it has became a running gag between us and the waitress!)

All in all,if you wish to dine Italian in Berwick-Upon-Tweed save a takeaway for another day and eat pizza here.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

My wife and I love Italian food and this is one of the best we have been too. This is real food not boil in the bag. Ask for what you like and they are only to happy to oblige. Yes they don't have peroni (re below) but I didn't go for a beer I went for good food. If all you want is beer and plastic food cross over the road to weather spoons. Berwick you don't know what you have here its great

Only down side a wee bit cold.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

As the only Italian in Berwick this should be a Goldmine but not with service and menu we experienced.One bottle of white wine 5 Bottles of Peroni.
Limited food choice eg we only have one Steak left and all this at 8pm on a Friday Not an experience we repet

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Go quite often and have Verdi pasta and spag bol. Always delicious and great value. Chef and waitress friendly and welcoming