Owners David and Robert Hester really know how to make you feel very special, from the planning of our wedding back in August 2012 to the actual event, everything allowed you to feel very individual with all your needs and requests catered for.
JIm and I had a beautiful room with 4 poster bed which was very comfortable, as were all the rooms as the whole hotel was taken over by the wedding party. The cleanliness and presentation is second to none.
The grounds are amazing and the hotel very warm and friendly with an air of downton abbey about it, thats what i called it my very own downtown abbey. It really is beautiful the drive up to the hotel makes it mystical and inviting.
The staff were all lovely and special thanks to Bruce who really does go above the call of duty to ensure all your requests are catered for. Thanks to Tracey in reception who was always attentive at our visits.
The Food at the wedding was fantastic and lots of it. The hog roast was excellent, the only thing I was mad about was I never went and got some to take away with me on the sunday morning! My mother joan was looking foreward to it for her lunch! and was not amused at my forgetfulness
The breakfast was lovely and catered for all tastes. With all the residents at breakfast being members of the wedding party it was just like having them all in your own home! As you can see from our review we really could not have asked for a better place to celebrate our special day. Something that will stay with us for many years to come.
We look foreward to visiting Marshall meadows in the future wether it be for afternoon tea, dinner or an overnight stay. I am sure we will be back to celebrate an overnight stay for our anniversary.
Dont change anything that you do as it is really very unique, individual and special. Felt like a princess for a weekend
Thankyou from Jim and Nicola Mellon and family and friends. XX
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marshall Meadows is an authentic Georgian, 3 star country house Hotel, standing in around 15 acres of peaceful grounds with sea views. It is uniquely situated just outside the historic town of Berwick-Upon-Tweed only a stone's throw away from the A1 crossing point of the Scottish Border. It is, therefore, both the first and last hotel in England depending upon one's point of view. The hotel is believed to date from the mid 18th century and provides the perfect setting for a relaxing break, discovering the attractions of border country or for the more adventurous numerous coastal and inland walks and cycle routes, great golf courses and fishing on the river Tweed. The hotel comprise 19 letting rooms, in addition to a main bar, residents' lounge, restaurant, large function area and music room, conservatory and terrace overlooking a large well manicured front lawn. Entrance to the grounds is via a tree-lined driveway flanking a wooded stream. The rear of the hotel overlooks a farmyard, paddock and walled garden. The location allows easy access to the main town, Northumberland Coastal attractions such as Holy Island and Alnwick Castle, National Parkland and the Scottish Border Regions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marshall Meadows Country Hotel
- Hotel Marshall Meadows Country
- Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland