“Our magical wedding 17th August 2013”

Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Our magical wedding 17th August 2013”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Owners David and Robert Hester really know how to make you feel very special, from the planning of our wedding back in August 2012 to the actual event, everything allowed you to feel very individual with all your needs and requests catered for.
JIm and I had a beautiful room with 4 poster bed which was very comfortable, as were all the rooms as the whole hotel was taken over by the wedding party. The cleanliness and presentation is second to none.
The grounds are amazing and the hotel very warm and friendly with an air of downton abbey about it, thats what i called it my very own downtown abbey. It really is beautiful the drive up to the hotel makes it mystical and inviting.
The staff were all lovely and special thanks to Bruce who really does go above the call of duty to ensure all your requests are catered for. Thanks to Tracey in reception who was always attentive at our visits.
The Food at the wedding was fantastic and lots of it. The hog roast was excellent, the only thing I was mad about was I never went and got some to take away with me on the sunday morning! My mother joan was looking foreward to it for her lunch! and was not amused at my forgetfulness
The breakfast was lovely and catered for all tastes. With all the residents at breakfast being members of the wedding party it was just like having them all in your own home! As you can see from our review we really could not have asked for a better place to celebrate our special day. Something that will stay with us for many years to come.
We look foreward to visiting Marshall meadows in the future wether it be for afternoon tea, dinner or an overnight stay. I am sure we will be back to celebrate an overnight stay for our anniversary.
Dont change anything that you do as it is really very unique, individual and special. Felt like a princess for a weekend
Thankyou from Jim and Nicola Mellon and family and friends. XX

Room Tip: The four poster bedded room is lovely. The rooms in the main house are reached by a lovely flowing...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel last week for one night as a 50th birthday treat. On arrival reception staff were very friendly and the room (with a four poster) was lovely. As a hotelier myself I am quiet fussy about cleanliness, and the hotel was spotless. We didn't spend long in the hotel as we checked in and went straight out for the afternoon, returning just in time for dinner which was well presented and delicious. (We were given a complementary glass of champagne each for my birthday, which was a lovely touch). All the staff we met were very friendly and I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2013

To David and all your staff. Were do i start? You all bent over backwards for Johnny and i for our special wedding. We can not thank you all enough. The atmosphere, surroundings, food and attentivness from you all was second to none. We will highly recommened you to any one who is either getting married or needs a room for the night. The food was just perfect. Nothing was a problem for you. Everyone had an amazing weekend at Marshall Meadows. The photos with your beautiful setting in the background are stunning and the DVD is amazing from start to finish. Thank you again to you all. I sincerley hope your success continues.
Mr and Mrs Kerr. ;-) X

• Stayed August 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed 16th August for 1 night for my Fathers 50th Birthday. This hotel has lots of character. The staff were very attentive and worked tirelessly to make sure we had a brilliant stay. The food was of very high quality.Well worth having evening meals here even though we did not book that as part of the stay. My father had a complaint about his evening meal and the staff replaced it with no problems. Thanks to the Staff for making my Fathers Birthday Memorable. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MickandWill
Edinburgh
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

I recently attended a wedding for one of my friends.
The hotel could not have been better, great staff excellent food and a lovely atmosphere all round.
Now here is the honest bit!! I opted to have a bar tab for my drinks during the wedding, so I asked the hotel to charge £50 to my card and let me know once I had ran up the tab. However due to all the free wine at the wedding ( thank you Andrew and Gabby) I only spent £10. I forgot all about my tab (due to the free wine) however the hotel very kindly sent me the balance in cash via the groom, now that is an honest hotel. Many thanks to the owner and staff.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mikec-edinburgh
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We were a party of 16.We were all pleasantly surprised at the location and surroundings of the hotel.We had breakast and evening meals over the two days of our stay and these were excellent.The staff were very helpful throughout our stay.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ales98
YORK
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We spent one night here on our way to Scotland and found it OK but nothing special. I get the impression they are updating the rooms and ours had had some superficial things done (mugs, cushions and throw all matched) but it needed a new mattress, pillows and bedspread. The television started flashing in the middle of the night until we turned it off at the wall. I’ve never known that to happen before, but weirdly, it happened to us in three different hotels on this holiday!
The evening meal was OK and the staff dealt really well with changing our table so I didn’t need to go up the steps into the main part of the restaurant (my mobility isn’t good). After the meal we sat in the lounge, which had a section of CDs on a shelf but no music playing – some gentle music would have added to the atmosphere.
There were quite a few choices for breakfast but my eggs benedict was not very good – drowning in pretty poor hollandaise sauce and while the jam was not in plastic pots – hooray! – you helped yourself to a portion in one of those little paper cups they give you tablets in in hospital – not a great touch.
Staff were very pleasant if a little amateurish at times, but generally they looked after us well and the place had a nice, relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berwick-upon-Tweed
Queens Head Hotel
Doxford Hall Hotel
Doxford Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chathill
Tillmouth Park Country House Hotel
Tillmouth Park Country House Hot...
#1 of 2 in Cornhill-on-Tweed
Waren House Hotel
Waren House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Bamburgh
Purdy Lodge
Purdy Lodge
#1 of 1 in Belford

Been to Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!