“Avoid it!”

Townhouse Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Waited over half an hour for food and was in a good 15 mins before we got served. When the order did eventually arrive it was wrong and the staff weren't interested so we just left. AVOID AT ALL COST! d

1  Thank shaz3004
ds15ea10bk, Owner at Townhouse Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

In response to your review, I find this a very harsh and somewhat exageration of the truth. You and your family arrived during the same time as a bus trip and the waitresses did their best to see to every table as quickly as they could. The toasties you ordered were exactly as requested and not infact wrong, however coleslaw was on one plate that was not required for which I apologies for. You should also have mentioned that you were part of a large table, so we do not send out part orders until the full table is ready.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Went here for a simple lunch after a large breakfast. After sitting we were seen relatively quickly. There were a few issues: the wrong soup was on the specials board, the soup was very salty which totally masked the actual flavour of the soup and I couldn't finish it, did like the toasted sandwiches, had to chase up my soft drink and had to ask and wait ages for my bill. Food was just acceptable but service was slow and I definitely shouldn't have had to chase up my drink.

ds15ea10bk, Owner at Townhouse Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Apologies for your delay, unfortunately we did not foresee how busy we would be over bank holiday weekend which did result in a slight delay. I take full responsibility for not updating our specials board in time, this was purely down to the demand on our baking. There is usually always a member of staff at the tills for customers to pay, and due to some confusion, we did put on the menus to pay at the till and not table, to avoid people waiting unnecessarily. I do hope this doesn't put you off coming back to us. We appreciate all feedback and comments from our customers.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I brought my little brother in for lunch today and as he is growing up, I also let him order his own food as well as pay for the meal! I had to give him the money though!

The young lady that served us was so nice and polite and looked after my little brother fantastically allowing him time to order (Delay as couldn't remember everything) and also looked after him when he went up to pay!

The food was lovely and the portion size was amazing!!

Will definitely take my mum and dad in when they visit next!

ds15ea10bk, Manager at Townhouse Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you and your brother enjoyed your meal and we're more than happy for your brother to help our girls again. ;)

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We arrived to find a few empty , but dirty tables and sat and awaited serving. Staff did not seem to bother and when some other diners left their seats, we moved to a larger table, in hopes that someone might come and clear the table and take our order. Staff seemed preoccupied with the other side of the cafe - it was split into 2 halves . Eventually, after around 15 mins and not even being acknowledged as being there - we walked out. Even if someone had briefly spoken to us and said they were busy, it would have helped, but not to even acknowledge us was pure ignorance and very poor customer service !

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Paid £36 for 2adults and 2 children one lunch time.Food very average and expected more for that price. Very cold, had visited before and remembered it was better.

Waitress very friendly , but just expected more for that price.

2  Thank Helen C