“Charm and good coffee”

Townhouse Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went in for coffee and toasted tea cake as a light lunch/snack. Although busy soon served and the coffee was very good. Had character and the staff were attentive although very busy. I liked the surroundings and probably would have had more food had I not had a huge breakfast at my B and B. It is small and with the gift shop rather cosy but for me my visit was enjoyable and I would go back.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The staff are very friendly and very helpful. It was very busy when we visited but we still received excellent service and prompt food delivery.

Great selection from their menu and the coffee is amongst the best in town.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Coffee great, food great, service excellant.. what more do you want, especially as our hotel (the kings arms charge £8.95) Scones are delecious

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Me and my fiancé came here for a light brunch. We were drawn in by the church charm of it.
We both ordered soup which was average. Not the best but not the worst. The waitress was nice. Not to enthusiastic but then again nothing to complain about.
Not much space for seating.
Just all round average.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Waited over half an hour for food and was in a good 15 mins before we got served. When the order did eventually arrive it was wrong and the staff weren't interested so we just left. AVOID AT ALL COST! d

1  Thank shaz3004
ds15ea10bk, Owner at Townhouse Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

In response to your review, I find this a very harsh and somewhat exageration of the truth. You and your family arrived during the same time as a bus trip and the waitresses did their best to see to every table as quickly as they could. The toasties you ordered were exactly as requested and not infact wrong, however coleslaw was on one plate that was not required for which I apologies for. You should also have mentioned that you were part of a large table, so we do not send out part orders until the full table is ready.