“a five star experience.....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kimberly Bed and Breakfast House

Kimberly Bed and Breakfast House
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“a five star experience.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

my wife and my self had stayed at the kimberly we were made most welcome and the room was great....and the views of the beach and the sea ...wow factor plus....we had comfy sleep ..and a early morn full breakfast that would compete with any five star hotel....yes we will book here again....

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eveandgee
over40uk, Owner at Kimberly Bed and Breakfast House, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I was so glad you managed to get a trip down to Berwick and to visit my house. I thank you for your kind comments and look forward to seeing you in not the far away future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Gorgeous house in an awesome location, right by the beach. The road is a dead-end so there is no traffic, hence it is very quiet. It was relaxing to fall asleep listening to the waves.
Everything in the house has been thought thru to the utmost detail, beautifully decorated.
There is even a Finnish sauna, which is superb! It is not this wooden cubicle, which is heated too hot, that you come across sometimes in hotels. Lorraine’s sauna is a proper Finnish sauna. We are Finns, so we know ;-)
We stayed in room called "Fair" which was huge, as was also the bathroom. There are even fluffy bathrobes and slippers.
The breakfast is beautifully laid out, you can choose from variety of options. The scrambled eggs and salmon, with pickled seaweed was delicious!
There is one pub close by, but they do not sell food. There are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity. It is a half an hour walk to the old city center of Berwick, which has pubs and restaurants e.g. Foxtron is very nice, good service and delicious food.
Kimberly is 5-star luxury B&B, and Lorraine is a wonderful hostess!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Piiku99
over40uk, Owner at Kimberly Bed and Breakfast House, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Kimberly House. It is so nice to see people from Europe and to show them some part of our local area. I hope you will visit the UK again and perhaps our Northumberland/ Border area.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We lucked out with this comfy little B&B in Berwick-upon-Tweed. Our friendly hosts Chris and Laura couldn't have made us feel more welcome, and went out of their way to accommodate us (posting forgotten belongings, fetching ice water when we spent too long in the sauna and allowing us a late breakfast on Sunday because we were so hungover!). Delicious breakfast was included in the price and there's even a swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna (!!!) - remember to pack your swimmers! - and the fluffiest of fluffy robes. Situated right on the beach - we watched porpoises swimming off the beach while eating breakfast! Just a short stroll into beautiful Berwick to explore the city. Wish we could have had just a little more time here, thank you Chris and Laura!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
over40uk, Owner at Kimberly Bed and Breakfast House, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay in my B&B. Chris & Laura (son & daughter in law) did a marvellous job in making your stay 5* and I hope you will return and stay longer and enjoy the beauty of northumberland and Border area. Thankyou for your kind review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

A friend & I stayed for 3 nights at the Kimberly as we went to the Open Golf at Muirfield. What a cracking experience, Lorraine was absolutely fantastic and we could not have asked for more. We got a full cooked breakfast at 6.30am (including freshly baked bread!) so we could get up to the golf for as long as possible and returned to a relaxing dip in the indoor pool...the weather was so warm the sauna and Jacuzzi were not required. Our twin room had 2 'adjustable' beds meaning that top and bottom could be raised/lowered as required ensuring an absolutely fabulous nights sleep....and there was even a pub 100 yards up the corner of the road which had friendly and most welcoming staff and regulars

Room Tip: The adjustable beds in the twin room are incredibly comfortable
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of times, each for a few nights.
Usually stay in Prem inns or Jury's inns type hotels for work but none in this area apart from a travelodge which I will never stay in.
Only options were B&B, I do like my anonymity when I'm away as I like to keep myself to myself but: the lady who owns and runs this establishment is kind, attentive and giving. If you want to remain anonymous then this is not for you, that said I am glad I stayed and will certainly stay again.
Lovely place and lovely lady running it, not for everyone but my anonymity became far less important as time went on.
Breakfast is the best, view is the best, bla bla bla everything's all good. Even the local pub is excellent.
This place would be perfect for a romantic break, it won't be for all business people but if you fancy a day out of the rat race stay here, turn your computer off, turn your phone off and enjoy :-D

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
over40uk, Owner at Kimberly Bed and Breakfast House, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you very much for all the kind things you have said. I do try and respect my guests privacy as much as possible and hope to see you back here soon.
Bolton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Myself, my husband and 2 children under 5 stayed at Kimberly for 2 nights and i wish it could have been longer. The accommodation is fantastic and Lorraine is the perfect hostess. She made us scones and cakes to welcome us on our first night and serves one of the best cooked breakfasts I have ever had. The jacuzzi was lovely and the boys have already asked to go back. The outdoor area is perfect for a glass of wine (or two) in the evening whilst listening to the sea. We have already booked another visit for my husband's birthday and would recommend this accommodation to anyone wanting a relaxing break.

Room Tip: The family room gives you the advantage of being close to the children but you can still have your o...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
over40uk, Owner at Kimberly Bed and Breakfast House, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Nice to see 2 young children enjoying themselves with their family at the seaside. The boys were very well behaved and I hope they enjoyed the Chocolate Cake in a Mug.
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

My partner and I have just spent two evenings at Kimberly's B & B. This facilities were superb. We stayed in a very spacious double room with a large en-suite. Very comfortable indeed. There was a large conservatory for us to relax in in the evening and even better a hot tub which was prepared for us by Lorraine. Not only that but bath robes and towels were provided... heaven.

We could have taken a dip in the swimming pool or asked to use the sauna but we were content with the hot tub.

Lorraine was a superb host, baking home made bread on day one of our stay and scones on the second. Very friendly whilst at the same time allowing us our privacy.

We will definitely be back to this hidden gem and will be taking our children next time. Right on the sea front... I would not hesitate in recommending this B and B.

R Robinson, West Yorkshire.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
over40uk, Owner at Kimberly Bed and Breakfast House, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
As a new Bed & Breakfast owner I welcome every comment . This was so nice a statement from this couple and so glad they enjoyed the facilities at the house. Looking forward to their next visit.
Lorraine