Free cancellation until 21/07
US$165
The Walls Bed and Breakfast(Berwick-upon-Tweed)
Free cancellation until 21/07
  • Bar/Lounge
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$114
US$131
The Kings Arms Hotel(Berwick-upon-Tweed)
US$139
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Rob Roy Restaurant(Berwick-upon-Tweed)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$106
No 11B Boutique(Berwick-upon-Tweed)
US$119
Travelodge Berwick upon Tweed(Berwick-upon-Tweed)(Great Value!)
US$85
Travelodge
All reviewsfruit bowllovely little hotelsmall hotelfish piebiscuitsreal alehotel restaurantpublic car parklovely mealkippersthree nightslittle geman evening mealtwin roomattention to detailcomfortable bedslovely room
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Stayed here for one night with a friend on a walking holiday of the Northumberland coast.
Staff friendly and the twin room although slightly small was clean and comfy.
Large shower in the bathroom with plenty of hot water.
Washbasin had cupboards above it which made it difficult to use without hitting your head
Didn't have an evening meal in the hotel but breakfast was good and well cooked.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
garrygreenaway, Owner at Queens Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Many thanks for your constructive comments Peter. I certainly take your comments on board. With being a Listed building & our bedrooms slightly varying in size it is difficult to meet everyone/s standards. We refurbished all our bedrooms 2 years ago having bespoke furniture fitted to utilise & make best what space we have. Nice to know everything seemed to your satisfaction, seems slight harsh on your specific title 'adequate' however I respect your opinion. Let's hope to see you in the future if you decide to return & do some more walking in the surrounding area.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Looking for a place to eat, we were just passing the Queen's Head and had a browse of the menu on display. Decided it looked okay for us and, we were not disappointed. Food served of the highest quality. I had haddock and chips and it was just about the best ever. Sublime.
My other half enjoyed a lasagne and one of our dining companions had a tiramasu which she absolutely loved.
Staff very attentive and friendly
This is a "must" for a meal and we will return when next in the area

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
garrygreenaway, Owner at Queens Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

A big thanks for your kind words & guessing the floral display & display menus enticed you in. It is pivotal having an welcoming & attractive exterior which plays a selling point.
In all honesty, once through the door it is down to the staff to ensure all our customers have an enjoyable & pleasurable time whilst dining with us & to leave happy & content, which I think we achieved with you?? Sublime is a word not used very often so many thanks for your very kind words & let's hope to see you all in the future.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

This was a chosen location as part of a father and son getaway. The remit was simple.....
'A good pub with good food and ale and a comfy room to crash in when we'd overeaten.'

The Queens Head did not disappoint. There is a real novelty to staying in the pub because when the front door is locked there is that hidden door in the corner leading to the rooms and the pub has a very homely feel.

The food was superb with a local 'catch of the day' available and meat that is expertly cooked. The Venison will take some beating. It was noticeable that food is attempted to be locally sourced too. The breakfast the next morning is also very wholesome.

The rooms are are lovely. A modern, well fitted en-suite with a decent shower and toiletries that are just that little bit better than the standard hotel soap bar. We both woke feeling well rested.

Having both stayed away with work extensively we really value a homely feel location and Garry and his team did themselves proud. All the staff we very helpful and we'd stay again without hesitation.

Although we didn't use the facility, we were both impressed by the collection of DVDs available to watch in the room. It would be great when you are stuck away on business and just want to chill after a busy day.

A great little place to stay, topped off by being only 3 minutes walk away from the river bank and less than 10 minutes away from the Railway Station.

Room Tip: We had Room 1 (Twin Azul 1 on the website) and found it to be very pleasant
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Many thanks for you kind detailed review Andy. It is nice to know your over night stay with us was a pleasurable & enjoyable one, Attention to detail is a requirement these days to stay ahead of your competitors & thankfully to receive repeat business or referrals.
The phrase 'you are only as good as your staff certainly bares truth' & importantly 'value for money' also plays a significant part on a customers perspective.
Again many thanks for your kind words & let's hope we see you both in the future Andy.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to eat that we could walk to from our holiday cottage. Just five minutes away we found the Queen's Head Hotel and took a chance. What a happy surprise! We were welcomed warmly and a table was found on a busy Saturday evening. The menu was varied with specials at the weekend, but not too big and the food was freshly cooked and delicious. We would recommend all the fish dishes including the shellfish. Over our two week stay we went seven times it was so good. The staff were very friendly and attentive without being intrusive. On the last evening a balloon was tied to some sweets on our table saying 'you will be missed'! It was one of the highlights of our holiday. I cannot recommend this Hotel highly enough.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your kind words & can now certainly put a face to the reviewer. I am very appreciative of you all returning on numerous occasions whilst residing in the area. All I can say is you were gluten's for punishment!! lol.
On a serious note though it certainly makes our job easier when you have confidence in a product & then customers who are complimentary whilst serving them. I can appreciate it's a competitive market out there. People's first & last impression's are an important factor & the small personal attention to detail I sometimes think set's us apart from our competitor's.
We sincerely hope to see you all in the future if you decide to return to the surrounding area.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I had a very tasty lunch
Saw billboard in town extolling the virtues of lunch menu , noticed it had a vegan option on dinner menu,
I was standing at the bar when a male appeared behind me asking if he could help , I wouldnt say I stammered but I struggled to to begin my answer, his response was to impatiently roll his eyes , I had asked if there was a vegan option for lunch a curt 'no ' was the response . I had noticed there was a vegetarian cottage pie , I selected a table the male informed the helpful waitress 'she wants cottage pie' , I asked to see a menu , the cottage pie ingredients stated made with puy lentils , they were green lentils .
Anyone with a stammer take a fluent speaker !!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Many thanks for your constructive review Glynis & please accept my apologies if I came across rude & curt, that was certainly not my intention. I agree with your comments on your initial question with regards to any vegan dishes which I then mentioned there was a vegetarian dish available, which you ordered with me standing at the bar, which although not one to contradict your review I then mentioned this to the designated person taking the orders but I would never say 'she wants' I have been in the profession long enough to not be as dismissive as that. Slightly confused after your order was placed with me, you then mentioned you sat at a table & asked to look at the menu?? I did on 2 occasions whilst you were dining do courtesy checks for top up drinks & food but with received very little response, so although I tried to be offer a service I can only assume your first impression of me to you was not to the standard you expected. Again I can only apologise & the one positive aspect was that you enjoyed you vegetarian cottage pie.