We arrived to lovely warm welcome from George and immediately felt at home. We decided to stay in the suite for two nights which is very large and incorporates a very comfortable bed along with all the creature comforts you could wish for, sky tv, fridge, stereo system, fire place etc. The room and adjoining en suite were both immaculately clean and lots of towels and quality toiletries were provided. We ate in the bar both evenings preferring to interact with the locals and other guests and had a fabulous time. The food is superb value for money and the chips simply to die for! We could thoroughly recommend the steak, fish cakes and steak and Guinness pie. There is also a host of beers to chose from and I totally enjoyed the 'Farne Island' tipple. The breakfast is again superb quality with an extensive menu and that feeling that it has been prepared with care. If anything the suite is directly above the bar and so some noise could filter through into the room but if like us you tend to stay up a little later then it is no issue. We will definitely be returning and will recommend to friends and family - excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury village inn close to Alnwick Castle and Gardens. Ideal centre for walking, fishing and cycling holidays. Close to Holy Island, Bamburgh, Hadrian's Wall, Northumbria National Park and the Cheviots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Tankerville Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tankerville Arms Hotel Eglingham
- Tankerville Arms Eglingham, Northumberland