Just returned from our second weekend stay at the Tankerville Arms, Eglingham. George and Mary make one so welcome- suggestions re plans for the day ahead, weather forecast and shopping potential offered where appropriate. Rooms are extremely comfortable and of a good size with bathrobes, luxury toiletries, tea and coffee facilities including water, biscuits and sweets provided. Accommodation is cosy in the winter months and the staff are genuinely friendly and helpful- your quality of stay as a guest is paramount. Re dining there is a choice of good quality courses at competitive prices complimented with a choice of wine or local beers and one has the option of either dining In the restaurant or the bar with the joys of a log burning stove. I would particularly recommend the smoked and poached trout pâté followed by liver and onions served with champ. Breakfast sets one up for the day, a combination of healthy and indulgent - fruit and yoghurt followed by a traditional cooked breakfast or scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. There's a great variety of places to visit close by whether it be castles,beaches, galleries or walking. The area is steeped in history, both Northumbrian coastline and inland and hence even after two visits we feel that we have only scratched the surface of the area. Thank you George & Mary for providing a most welcome haven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury village inn close to Alnwick Castle and Gardens. Ideal centre for walking, fishing and cycling holidays. Close to Holy Island, Bamburgh, Hadrian's Wall, Northumbria National Park and the Cheviots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Tankerville Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tankerville Arms Hotel Eglingham
- Tankerville Arms Eglingham, Northumberland