We've stayed at "the Tanky" several times and are never disappointed. The Building itself has wonderful character and the Rooms are beautifully presented. Nicely located for the Northumbrian Coast and Countryside and five minutes from Alnwick. The food is excellent, with George and Mary the perfect hosts. The Bar has a great atmosphere and the locals welcoming and friendly. We've taken Martin a couple of times and he loves it. (Martin is our Bedlington Terrier - the Tanky is Dog friendly, making it all the more attractive to us).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury village inn close to Alnwick Castle and Gardens. Ideal centre for walking, fishing and cycling holidays. Close to Holy Island, Bamburgh, Hadrian's Wall, Northumbria National Park and the Cheviots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Tankerville Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tankerville Arms Hotel Eglingham
- Tankerville Arms Eglingham, Northumberland