“Good lunch”
Review of The Ship Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holy Island
The Ship Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Holy Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Went for lunch with friends.good choice of draft beer.good service.several of us had fish and chips.the fish was fresh and had obviously been freshly battered.probably a little pricey but overall it was good and I would choose it again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Ship Inn

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Having visited Holy Island numerous times we thought we would try The Ship inn for a spot of lunch, we were greeted at the bar by a man who seemed to have lost his smile?
He was blunt to the point of rude, and certainly lacking customer service.
I ordered a Tuna sandwhich, it was dreadful, I couldn't eat it, it was tasteless and seemed like very 'cheap' tuna, a sloppy filling. I know tuna sandwiches are hardly on the top if the list of culinary delights but it seemed a reasonable meal for lunch. To say the charge was approx £6 I was disappointed.
The only positive side which saved me from only one star rating was the friendly waitress who was Portuguese. I believe it was her husband/partner who greeted us, he maybe needs to take some lesson from is lady on how to speak to customers....
We were not on our own that day who felt like that too a table of four next to us commented on how rude the man was too!
So needless to say when I do return again to Holy Island next which will be very soon I will not be returning to the Ship Inn!!

2  Thank NBJewellery
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We called here for lunch while visiting the island, excellent food and real ale, worth a visit, nice relaxing garden to the rear very friendly staff quick service, I would recommend the fish and chips

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were eating here at the end of May this year on recommendation from the owner of the Lindisfarne Hotel (Sean). It's a lovely old world Inn and obviously had reserved a table as Holy Island can get very busy depending on the tide times. I had a lovely Lamb Henry which was cooked to perfection, litterally falling off the bone. My wife had a Lasagne which she thoroughly enjoyed. Service was prompt and was by a lovely pleasant European lady (Maybe Italian?)
Really enjoyable and hope to come back here very soon...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had 2 glorious days on Holy Island in April. Our accomodation was very comfortable, with a large ensuite bathroom. Facilities and food were excellent with very friendly and helpful staff. We can highly recommend and will be staying here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I found the meal mediocre. We were a little bit put off by having sauces in plastic sachets; not the sort of thing you expect when paying these prices. The other thing that really put us off eating here again was how sticky the tables were. They had obviously not been cleaned properly for a long time. Everything stuck to them, cutlery, glasses, place mats and my arm. It was an off putting experience and made us question further cleanliness in this establishment. All we wanted to do was quickly eat our meal and get out.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed 14 June 2014

my first time on holy island, we stayed at the ship inn, our stay was fantastic, all the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about what to do, where to go, and what to see on the island, the remote beaches and walks, were out of this world, the seals, the views all were brilliant.

we had room 4, which was perfect for us, en suite too. the food was out of this world, we can recommend the cooked break fast and the crab and prawn starter.

we would recommend this hotel, and would gladly stay here again, thanks shane and tracy

Room Tip: all the rooms were good
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holy Island
Queens Head Hotel
Queens Head Hotel
#2 of 3 in Berwick-upon-Tweed
Purdy Lodge
Purdy Lodge
#1 of 1 in Belford
Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel
Marshall Meadows Country House H...
#1 of 3 in Berwick-upon-Tweed
Dunstanburgh Castle Hotel
Doxford Hall Hotel
Doxford Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chathill
Eat & Sleep Lindisfarne

Been to The Ship Inn? Share your experiences!