“Great food, great service.”
Review of Linden Tree Pub

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Linden Tree Pub
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Essex, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service.”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Attached to the hotel, the pub offers the same great service.
The food is also top quality, I can recommend the Belly Pork.

Visited April 2014

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Great Value for money. Gorgeous food, Excellent service. All in all a terrific, brilliant pub, with gourmet food.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dan0188
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Small menu but good food. Helpful and delightful staff.
Wine menu not so good and should be improved by adding some European wines at reasonable prices.

Visited March 2014
Ashington, United Kingdom
“Trip down memory lane spoilt”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I decided to take my wife out for a meal as it is her birthday on the 23rd of February. When we were first married we used to visit the Linden Pub and I thought it would be a good idea to take a trip down memory lane. Oops wrong idea.
Upon arrival the greeting was very courteous and we were shown to a table in the conservatory which was very nice, so far so good.
The girl then gave us the menu to peruse! It was very limited but after a short while my wife decided on the Prawn Cocktail, her favourite, as a starter and decided on soup of the day. Again after looking for something to catch our eye in the mains my wife decided on the 21 day cured beef burger and I decided on the beef and game pie.
The starters came and my soup was fine hot and very tasty coupled with a very hot bread roll, nice!
My wife however was not so complimentary about the prawn cocktail, something just didn't taste write. It was the lettuce, it had a very tart with a kind of sour taste, the kind of taste you get when it is on the turn. We advised the waiter who said very sorry and then came back yo the table to say the Chef had said the lettuce was fresh that day!
The mains were adequate with my wife particularly liking the rustic chips, my pie was nice but the vegetables were little under cooked for my liking.
After the meal we decided to have desert ( thought sod it will start to diet on Monday).
I ordered the golden syrup sponge with custard and my wife the sticky toffee pudding with cream. My wife's desert tasted burnt and my desert had two chunks of burnt sponge at the side, they were so hard my spoon couldn't break them.
Again this was brought to the waiters attention but again all we got was a sorry!
Overall a very poor experience and it may be another 20 or so years before we try it again

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Trevor E
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Gone Backwards”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We have eaten here many times and in the past enjoyed the meals, however in the last 12 months it has gone backwards both food and service wise in particular at weekends. During the week it is fine for lunches, however the last three times we have visited at the weekend we have been disappointed. First of all when ordering a meal or drinks; twice I have to wait at an empty bar waiting to be served with other customers whilst you can clearly hear bar staff chatting just behind the wall at the end of the bar. Some of the staff seem to get easily upset by customers. On each of the times mentioned we have witnessed incidents between staff and customers over what appeared to us to be trivial everyday events which working in a customer service environment you would think they would be trained to deal with. This has lead to other customers getting the backwash from the incident. The food has also gone backwards what was once a rather good menu and dining experience has been replaced with bland food where you have to order extra portions to supplement your meal. Our last lunch visit sums it up. We went for Sunday lunch. I had to wait to be served whilst two staff talked behind the wall for over two minutes - not about work I might add. We ordered two Sunday roasts and a salmon dish. The meat was ok but the veg was undercooked, I like my veg a bit crunchy but this was almost raw. The salmon was dry and the waitress did not offer any sauces, we had been watching what was happening in the restaurant and there was a large party who had swapped tables because it was a sunny day and where they were sitting in the conservatory was too hot. For some reason this had upset the waitress as when we called her back to ask her for some sauces she became flustered and upon her return apologised and said loudly so that the party in question could hear that "they were doing her head in by keep moving" - they had moved only once I know this because they had come in the same time as us. We were staying at the hotel recently and popped in for a drink and witnessed another altercation due to a customer simply asking how long their order would be. The staff member they approached seemed to prefer manufacturing a confrontation rather than just going away to find out how long the order would be. This is out of keeping with the hotel where the service is excellent and the staff can't do enough for you

• Visited September 2013