“Lovely roast spoiled by frozen Yorkshire pudding”

Shoulder of Mutton Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stopped here for lunch on a Saturday and although my husband was very happy with his mixed grill which had a lot to it, I was disappointed with my roast of the day. I don't know if this because it was a Saturday but when the meal was served it had lovely thick slices of beef and a good choice of veg but came with a frozen Yorkshire pudding and what looked like deep fried 'roast' potatoes, such a shame in an otherwise lovely meal.

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Have had Sunday lunch here for the past few weeks and it has been consistently excellent. Beef in particular is tender and nicely done, good veg and fantastic gravy.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We called here for lunch on a long journey and ate in the bright comfortable dining room. My baguette was warm and contained a huge slice of melting Brie (I declined the bacon) with salad which thankfully didn't contain raw onion and shared a bowl of tasty chips. The young man and woman who served were friendly and the visit to the Shoulder of Mutton was a pleasant experience. I would definitely go there again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Popped in whilst driving past with the aim of having a sandwich an drink. The wife chose the hot beef baguette which had the thickest slices of roast beef ever and I had the turkey, ham n leek pie . . .both really tasty and filling. Service was very friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were staying with relatives and decided to eat out. My brother thought they didnt do carvery but when we got there they did. The beef was lovely and tender as was the turkey. Plenty of choice for the veg. It was reasonably priced and therefore would recommend eating here. Staff were very pleasent too. All in all a good sunday lunch. :-)

1  Thank ShropshireJessie