Lovely hotel set in beautiful grounds! We had a classic room on the first floor overlooking the front gardens which we were more than happy with. The first night we ate in the Linden Tree pub on site and although it was a nice informal setting the food was a little disappointing, they forgot to toast the bread that accompanied the pâté and when we asked for it to be changed, they returned with warm bread! The belly pork was served with a rubbery skin instead of crisp crackling! The second night we ate in the award winning restaurant as it was our anniversary and it was fantastic! The food was fabulous and the staff were very attentive!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The impressive Macdonald Linden Hall Golf and Country Club was built by merchant and banker Charles William Bigge in 1812. Today, it nestles in 450 acres of private grounds: the perfect country house hotel. Boasting several versatile function rooms and an 18-hole golf course, it's the perfect venue for business events. Our stunning Northumberland countryside location and award-winning food and drink are ideal for weddings too. If you want a relaxing break in the country with extensive health club and spa facilities, not to mention luxurious accommodation, come to Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club Hotel Longhorsley
- Macdonald Linden Hall Hotel Country
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club Longhorsley, Northumberland