Had a very relaxing stay here for a couple of nights. The hotel is in a lovely old building in beautiful grounds. Didn't play golf but the course looked lovely, similarly the pool. The room wasn't the biggest, however it was comfortable and had everything we needed. Very noisy floorboards but I guess that's due to the age of the building. The staff were very friendly and welcoming which was nice.
We had lunch and dinner in the Linden Tree pub which was nice and informal. Breakfast in the hotel was very good, buffet for cereals, breads etc while the hot breakfast was freshly cooked.
There is a lot to do in this area and this was a great base for a lot of nearby attractions.
Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The impressive Macdonald Linden Hall Golf and Country Club was built by merchant and banker Charles William Bigge in 1812. Today, it nestles in 450 acres of private grounds: the perfect country house hotel. Boasting several versatile function rooms and an 18-hole golf course, it's the perfect venue for business events. Our stunning Northumberland countryside location and award-winning food and drink are ideal for weddings too. If you want a relaxing break in the country with extensive health club and spa facilities, not to mention luxurious accommodation, come to Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club Hotel Longhorsley
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Linden Hall Hotel Country
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club Longhorsley, Northumberland