We renewed our wedding vows after 40 years of marriage in a thanksgiving service in the church where we were first married. The event was reported in the local press because we had the same vicar, organist and photographer that we had on our wedding day in 1974. We then went to Linden Hall for our wedding lunch.
Jerome, their chef, had done us proud.The welcome drink was a fruit punch which was very refreshing.The buffet was spectacular, beautifully prepared and set out. He made our Ruby Wedding cake. The marzipan scroll with our names piped on was too special to eat .We are hoping to preserve it as a souvenir. We hired the hotel table magician to entertain our guests, which he did very effectively.
Nathan looked after us really well during our stay. He has a quick wit and anticipated everything we needed. Our waitress Becky was charming on the second evening when we had a special dinner in the Dobson Restaurant expertly cooked by Dan. It was all coordinated by our Fairy Godmother, Karen who allocated a room with a fabulous panaramic view of the serene grounds of Linden Hall seen from every window.
We wound down and relaxed in the Spa the next day and enjoyed the facilities,especially the jacuzzi. Our photos are taken in the natural setting of the gardens and in a private area of the Dobson restaurant which was reserved for us.
We had the time of our lives then, a national publication commisioned our unique wedding story and we knew that our wedding day was always going to be special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The impressive Macdonald Linden Hall Golf and Country Club was built by merchant and banker Charles William Bigge in 1812. Today, it nestles in 450 acres of private grounds: the perfect country house hotel. Boasting several versatile function rooms and an 18-hole golf course, it's the perfect venue for business events. Our stunning Northumberland countryside location and award-winning food and drink are ideal for weddings too. If you want a relaxing break in the country with extensive health club and spa facilities, not to mention luxurious accommodation, come to Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club Hotel Longhorsley
- Macdonald Linden Hall Hotel Country
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club Longhorsley, Northumberland