2,119 results
All reviews dobson restaurant the pub evening meal lovely hotel main restaurant lovely grounds cocktail bar spa facilities wedding party spa break executive room wedding reception cream tea master of ceremonies macdonald linden hall black pudding one night stay
Reviewed 17 August 2014

A lovely hotel but we booked for three and there was no bed for our grandson. After we asked for one he fell through it as there were three spells missing bruising his knee. We did get a replacement but it did put a slight downer to the start of our break. The breakfast was superb and the staff were just lovely and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We recently stayed 3 nights with a group of friends and decided to stay at Linden Hall on the recommendation of other friends who had stayed there previously.
The rooms were all spacious and beautifully clean, albeit a couple of the rooms were quite warm at night - not unusual in my experience. We decided to eat in the restaurant on the first night, and whilst not cheap, the food and service was excellent and one of the most enjoyable meals I have had in a hotel for a long time.
I'm an early riser and on both mornings I went to sit in the lounge with my newspaper and ordered a cup of tea, waiting for the rest of the party to come down for breakfast. On neither occasion would the hotel charge me for the tea, which I felt was very unusual. My experience of hotels is that they don't miss any opportunity to take money from you. The attitude of this hotel was refreshing and is one of the reasons we will definitely return if we are in this area again.
Finally I would like to mention Julia on reception who went out of her way to make our stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sparky1947
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Been a lovely 5 day break!
Room was lovely and peaceful. Breakfasts were great!
Would be more than happy to go back again.
All the staff were so friendly and polite! The grounds were really beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jaccord
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed one night with my son on a Golfing Package. Found all staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was very hot despite sleeping with window half open. Food in The Linden Bar was reasonable but my steak was not cooked to order and we were served wrong Starter.
Woken up in morning by our room telephone. Apparently water was leaking into the Breakfast Room below from our Bathroom. Therre was a leak in a pipe behind the sink. Repair took a long time and we were unable to use the bathroom before we checked out. To be fair reception did offer another room to use. We were reimbursed by a helpful Receptionist who allowed us not to pay for our food supplements for the previous evening.

Despite this would revisit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just wanted to commend this hotel on the atmosphere and service that is provided. We had a lovely stay with our two young children and the staff made us feel very welcome and went out of our way to make our stay lovely. Special mention has to go to the lady who booked us in, she was so helpful it contributed to us quickly changing from one night to three nights. Also thought the breakfast was fantastic. My only criticism was that the pool could do with a bit of a freshening up. Otherwise great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family