My husband and I found Linden Hall after looking at only 2 other places and immeditaely decided it was to be the place for us to tie the knot.
I cannot fault a thing!
The hotel is set in a tiny village and out in the sticks slightly but still very accessible from the A1 for people travelling from all over the country. The winding lane with its overhanging trees creates the fairytale from the moment you turn into the hotel grounds and the oldy worldy style and design of the building only builds on a the good impression.
All of our wedding preparation needs were taken care of by Angela who really did look after everything, down to all my little requests. She made it easy trying to plan things and living so far from the hotel she was a god send and made it very stress free.
On the day everything ran like clockwork. The bridal suite was very spacious and overlooked the hotel grounds. The staff worked until extremely late the night before the wedding setting up the room for our wedding breakfast and it looked gorgeous. I was led through it on my way to the Adamson suite and it brought tears to my eyes how spectacular and romantic it looked.
Glen was our Master of Ceremony and made me extremely relaxed in times of nerves and stress and was very professional and dependable on the day and he seemed in control at all times. The evening before, although clearly rushed off his feet with the million and on other jobs he seemed to have, Glan was more than helpful at helping us with the last final details in the ceremony room and arrangements for our big day.
My thanks and compliments extend as well to the kitchen staff particularly Chris who was the Head Chef. The food was impeccable and despite previous problems encountered with the menu tasting Chris went out of his way to call me and iron out any complaints about the menu and presentation. On the day we had so many guests compliment the food, it really was 5*. We had alot of guests but all the food came out hot and cooked perfectly. Great job!
We could not have chosen a more wonderful place to get married. We were able to create the fabulous, romantic wedding we'd pictured to spoil ourselves and our guests due to the wonderful setting and staff. The value for money cannot be compared to any other places we had brochures for either.
My only gripe was that I noticed one of the table cloths was dirty the night before but again a quick word with Glen and this was promptly dealt with.
The morning of the wedding angela appeared at my door with a glass of champagne to calm the nerves and appeared again to say good luck just before entering the ceremony room. I thought this was extremely thoughtful as most of our contact had been only through phone and email. The morning after the wedding we received a bottle of champagne from the hotel and the breakfast was delicious. It was the personal touches from the hotel staff which meant so much.
The swimming pool and jacuzzi were lovely however the steam room could definately do with an upgrade to stay in line with the rest of the hotel standard.
The grounds of the hotel are well kept and provided the perfect backdrop for our photos which we are still waiting for. My husband sampled the golf course to steady his nerves the afternoon before the wedding and was thoroughly impressed with it.
We honestly could not thank all involved at Linden Hall enough for making our Wedding day the most perfect occasion not only for us but all our guests who did nothing but compliment everything. I would recommend this hotel to anyone getting married no matter how big your wedding party as truly was wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The impressive Macdonald Linden Hall Golf and Country Club was built by merchant and banker Charles William Bigge in 1812. Today, it nestles in 450 acres of private grounds: the perfect country house hotel. Boasting several versatile function rooms and an 18-hole golf course, it's the perfect venue for business events. Our stunning Northumberland countryside location and award-winning food and drink are ideal for weddings too. If you want a relaxing break in the country with extensive health club and spa facilities, not to mention luxurious accommodation, come to Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club Hotel Longhorsley
- Macdonald Linden Hall Hotel Country
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club Longhorsley, Northumberland