“110% tip top restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Northumberland Arms
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in Morpeth
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A fully re-furbished 1820's Coaching Inn, originally built by the 3rd Duke of Northumberland. Beautiful bar, lounge and restaurant, immaculately decorated and next to the River Coquet. Six luxury en-suite rooms, accredited 4 Star Gold by Visit Britain/Quality in Tourism. A la Carte Restaurant Open 7 days a week Breakfast 8.30Am to 10.30Am for residents and by request Brunch 10am until 12 noon Lunch Menu: 12 noon to 3pm Light Grazing Menu: 3-6pm Restaurant Open for Dinner: 6pm to 9pm and 9.30pm Friday/Saturday Sunday Lunch: 12 noon to 8pm For Reservations please call
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“110% tip top restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Fourth time here now,took friends they were so impressed with the food,ambience,staff,decor.
I had the pint of prawns again,so refreshing,must have been a whole packet of prawns so delicious.My friend viewed rooms,again so impressed,one room better than the last.We ate in bar so cosy,the restaurant lovely great touches around.,impressed with the private family room,great for a special occasion.Staff as usual so friendly,we were served again by Claire,nothing is a bother to her so accommodating.Its a gem in the north east,I recommend it to everyone,no one yet has a bad word for it,take my word for it 110%.

• Visited July 2014
Kris B, Owner at Northumberland Arms, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
110% is great; we will continue to strive to maintain standards. So glad to hear your feedback.

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Take care”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I am aware that I am swimming against the tide here but I would advise anyone to think carefully before dining here. Despite the rave reviews I cannot reconcile them with my, admittedly limited, experience of this place. Leaving aside the overall environment, which some may find diverting, the food was decidedly below normally acceptable standards - something that I pointed out at the time. Do not be beguiled by the website or fooled into thinking that the standards of the Running Fox are replicated here.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Kris B, Owner at Northumberland Arms, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback Peter. I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the food.
We are always looking to improve and will take your comments on board. If you are back in the area why not call back and give The Northumberland Arms another try.
Edinburgh
“What a lovely suprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I can be quick to moan about the lack of stylish, well run places in Northumberland so was delighted to discover The Northumberland Arms. Much thought, design and money has been spent to make this place warm and welcoming. It was a pleasure being there and it was incredibly busy which proves my point, do it well and people will come. The staff felt a little green at times but I am sure they will get there soon, we were a bit rushed to our food at first but they were obviously under pressure as it was a very very busy Sunday lunch. But then it all calmed down and we were allowed to linger in peace. Food was good - personally it was way too generous a portion of brisket and I had to leave quite a lot and I hate waste....but I guess it may have been perfect for others.
Will definitely go back and would love to linger in the bar!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Kris B, Owner at Northumberland Arms, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your positive review. As pointed out, our team of front of house staff are a relatively new team, but we'll get there so that the service matches that of the food. We sincerely hope to see you again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely food. Great for a special occasion.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We visited here on our last night of our holiday in Morpeth. It was a Thursday evening and good job we booked as the place was full when we arrived. Obviously a good sign! And we weren't disappointed, the food was absolutely delicious. I had the scallops for starter, duck in plum sauce for main and chocolate brownie for dessert (loved the chocolate and raspberry vodka shot that came with it!). I would highly recommend this restaurant, we hope to be back next time we are in the area.

Kris B, Owner at Northumberland Arms, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thanks so much for your positive review; next time you are in the area, hope you'll call in again. Menus are changed seasonally, so I'm sure we'll have something to appeal to you.

Kindest regards

East Dereham, Norfolk.
“"In a class of its own"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

This unassuming hotel from the outside takes on a totally different perspective once one is inside. Take a look at their web site (www.northumberlandarms-felton.co.uk) to fully appreciate what the hotel has to offer. Greeted by very pleasant and attentive staff who showed us to our room. We had booked the New Moor Tower which has to be seen to be fully appreciated. Tastefully decorated throughout, huge comfy bed, bath robes and bath sheets, excellent TV, good WiFi and free, filter coffee and a wide range of blends of tea. Fresh milk was provided on checking in. We encountered a very minor issue with the TV showing sub-titles, but the reception staff were very helpful in coming up to resolve the issue. Very quiet and peaceful surroundings. The serving of the evening meal was very well run by the staff, even to the point of military precision. Attentive staff who obviously enjoyed their job and working in a well-run establishment. The food was an absolute delight. Even though I decided to have a simple fish and chips I have never tasted fish so nice (apparently sourced from S.Shields). The restaurant was packed during the entire evening and everyone appeared to be thoroughly enjoying the experience. Breakfast the following morning was served in the Running Fox, an artisan bakery, situated a few minutes walk across the bridge. To say the portions were large is an understatement. Imagine two doorstop pieces of bread with a full English between them, held in place with a wooden skewer!! It really was that big. Overall cost of the B&B was not cheap but the luxury was well worth it. Highly recommended.

Kris B, Owner at Northumberland Arms, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. So glad you enjoyed all aspects (apart from the TV issue).

We sincerely hope to see you again soon.