“Tip-Top B&B”

Newminster Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 29 Morpeth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Paul gave us a warm welcome after a long journey and we stayed in one of the newly decorated rooms which had everything we needed and was spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. The bed was so comfortable I could have stayed all day but then we would have missed Paul's tasty breakfast serving his own recipe sausages. Paul and Zoe are excellent hosts and we cannot wait to visit Newminster Cottage again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is a very warm and welcoming establishment. The room we had was well furnished with plenty of tea, coffee etc. Lovely bathroom and comfy beds. We will definitely recommend Newminster cottage to our friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This is a really lovely B&B! I am staying in Morpeth for a few months on business and I chose Newminster Cottage to stay whilst here and what a great choice. This is a super B&B with only 3 letting rooms so don't dither about booking a room. I have stayed in 2 of the three rooms and all are beautifully decorated and equipped with all you would need for a comfortable stay whether you are here for a night or longer stay. I currently stay at Morpeth 3 nights in each week and this B&B is my first choice for staying at. There is a great choice for breakfast and even though I challenge Paul the owner by my unpredictable choices and combinations he delivers every time. He is a seriously great host very friendly and most helpful, his friendliness and response to my initial enquiry immediately gave me confidence this would be a good quality establishment run really well. He goes above and beyond to make me feel looked after and even has cleared my car of snow and ice in readiness for my start in the morning which is most kind and really appreciated. I wholeheartedly recommend him and Newminster as your first choice when looking for a B&B to stay in The Morpeth area! It is also perfectly located as others have pointed out.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Debi W
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Have stayed here several times over the last 5 years or so and is always my first choice if I'm working up in Northumbria, though it's never guaranteed that rooms are available for a good reason! It's a little more expensive than other B&Bs in the area but is worth every penny. Rooms are always clean, warm and furnished properly. Good quality mattresses (in 2 of the rooms anyway - I haven't stayed in the other one but I'm sure it's just as good!); TV; tea, coffee & biscuits and good showers in clean en-suite bathrooms. Also something you won't find any hotel - power sockets by the bed! A minor point but something that really irritates me.

Full English breakfast on offer in the morning and a stone's throw from plenty of good restaurants / takeaways in the evening. Never had a problem with noise, the only minor negative that comes to mind is the limited parking but has never caused any huge issues.

Highly recommended but make sure you book well in advance.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank A W
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Stayed for two nights. Room was lovely - very modern and comfortable. Paul gave us a fantastic welcome and was a great host throughout. Great breakfasts, couldn't fault anything. Would thoroughly recommend this B&B. Paul was really knowledgeable about the Northumberland area and also recommending restuarants etc. No problem with early breakfast or coming in late at night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2012

What a find! Paul and his family are the perfect hosts, the rooms are stylish & comfortable (the softest sheets I've ever slept on), and Paul's breakfasts are legendary. If you're in the area & looking for a place to stay, there's nowhere better. If you're not in the area, make a detour, it's worth it!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smith1421
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We booked an en-suite room for my 88 year old mother-in-law. The ground floor room was perfect for her and beautifully decorated and furnished. She was apprehensive about staying in a guest house as this was her first trip away from home for years. Paul 's friendly welcome and offer of providing anything she might need was much appreciated. He made sure that she had an extremly pleasant 2 week stay. The bed was more comfortable than home for her! Paul respected her privacy but his family were charming and friendly. We were impressed by how quiet the rooms were, even though it is close to a popular restaurant. Although there is no designated parking, we had no problem parking very close to the entrance each day. I shall be recommending it very highly to my friends and family. Excellent!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo