“Awful, will never go back!”
Review of Oak Inn

Oak Inn
Ranked #79 of 104 Restaurants in Morpeth
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were looking for a nice Sunday lunch on fathers day, and what we got was lukewarm, bland food & the yorkshires were burnt, tough & tasted like they were from last weeks carvery. Very disappointing, a waste of time effort and money!

There are newer reviews for Oak Inn

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Staff were pleasant enough, food was with out doubt the worst carvery i have ever had, burnt rubbery yorkshire pudding heated up from last weeks it seemed, veg had no taste what so ever, turkey was ok but nothing to shout about just what you expect really, i was with my wife and 3 year old daughter and had to endure listening to a foul mouthed woman the majority of our time there, the lager was VERY watery aswell, all in all we will never go back there and i wish i had read reviews before going,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My friend and I were on our way to a clay shooting weekend at Bywell Shooting Ground at Felton on Thursday the 4th of June when we decided to stop at the Oak Inn for a bite to eat. What a mistake that was. We were greeted at the bar where we ordered a pot of tea for myself and a coffee for my friend. When the coffee arrived I asked for sweeteners (I am diabetic) only to be told "We don't have any" with not even an apology or an attempt to ask anyone else behind the scenes.
We proceeded to the conservatory where we chose a suitable table which had a pleasant view over the private lawned garden to the side of the premises. My friend noticed the cutlery was dirty. No other word for it. Dirty. Knives,forks and spoons unrinsed and streaky. Yuck. After about fifteen minutes our order came. My friend had the hot beef sandwich with chips and salad garnish. The chips were burnt and looked as if they had been re-heated. I plumped for the veggie quiche with salad and chips. The waitress asked if we would like any sauces etc. I asked for some French dressing as the salad leaves looked a tad dry to which she replied "We don't have any" without even enquiring with the kitchen or a senior member of staff. I was so flabberghasted I said in a 'jokey way' "What kind of establishment is this" to which she replied "I don't know"
We ate our meal with bluebottles buzzing around and on the conservatory windows thinking where they may have been crawling around on before we arrived. The mind boggles.
The carpets were covered in ground-in dirt. The gents toilets were filthy with tiles missing from the walls and an overpowering, unkempt smell pervading the air. Soap dispensers were empty. The whole place looked as if it hadn't seen a cleaner for months.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I decided to stop off here for some breakfast with some friends on our way up to Scotland. The smell of the place as we walked in should have put us off but we were hungry so decided to give it a chance. Dirty cups, dirty plates and overpriced substandard food all came as standard. It was truly stomach churning and we only ate a bit of the breakfast then made a quick escape. Disgusting.

2  Thank JimmyMan39
Reviewed 22 April 2014

A fantastic pub with a great Sunday cavery The staff are really friendly. If you go on a Sunday go early or late as it gets very busy. Loads of different veggies to choose from and great mushy peas. Choice of four meats. Lovely roast potatoes and roast parsnips This place does the best food in Morpeth, Dessert are fab and the drink isn't expensive. Toilets are always nice and clean as is the pub and conservatory .and a caravan park ,dogs they are welcome to .Well worth a visit....