“Unhappy - Poor Administration”
Review of Nadon Thai

Nadon Thai
Ranked #11 of 105 Restaurants in Morpeth
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

When you phone a restaurant to book a table you expect to either have one of two responses, "yes" or "no".

I unfortunately had a third response when I called on Thursday to book a table for 5 on Saturday Night. "We've had a problem with the gas so if there is a problem I'll get back to you".

The lady took my number and I heard nothing. With this being the case I assumed (wrongly in this case) that the reservation was fine so turned up on Saturday at the agreed time and we we're met with blank faces.

On explaining the conversation I'd had with the waitress her face changed to panic, she knew she'd made a mistake.

My bad review isn't based on the fact that:
1- I'd had guests up for the weekend, so I was very embarrassed.
2 - I'd been craving Pad Thai all day.
3 - A mistake with our booking had been made.

It is because:
4 - the said waitress (after it being very evident by her reaction) tried to blame me for turning up when she claims to have said "I'll call you back if the booking is ok".

This is a total lie and it took me a while to calm down.

I cannot comment on the food, atmosphere or ambience as we weren't able to experience it. We have eaten there before and it was good, good enough to want to go back but it has been 18 months since our last visit.

Sort the admin out and the disgusting customer service!

5  Thank AlunLlEdwards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

A friend and myself, have just had a lovely meal at Nadon Thai. We both had Fish Cakes with sweet chilli sauce to start, and Basil Crispy Duck for the main course. We added stir fried vegetables as a side dish. The flavours of all the dishes were very enjoyable. The service was delivered with a smile and friendly, efficient approach from our waitress 'Beth', who added to the dining experience in a very positive way. If you want to dine here on a Saturday, be aware that Nadon Thai is quite a small restaurant, so I would advise you to book a table, instead of leaving it to chance. It is very popular in Morpeth. I am looking forward to my next visit.

2  Thank David E
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I went to Thailand on our honeymoon so were excited to eat Thai again back home.

Nadon has a nice atmosphere and tasty authentic food.

Service was very good.

My wife was heavily pregnant and we hoped the spicy food would bring on labor but we had to wait another week till baby came.

2  Thank Traveller-Richard11
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Excellent meal at this hidden gem, it was busy with great service all dishes arrived piping hot and extremely tasty, will return.

2  Thank 715ah
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Don't be out off by the entrance - you have to go upstairs from the street in a door by a take away to get to this restaurant. The food, service and authenticity of this place are all excellent. I have been to a few Thai restaurants with outstanding reputations before where the food was quite bland - not the case with Nadon Thai. I had Thai fishcakes and a vegetable yellow curry - both were delicious - with a nice balance of flavour, freshness and spicing. Service was great. Highly recommended.

3  Thank Simon D