“Excellent meal”

Treasure Room
Price range: US$24 - US$33
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Next door to the Black Door Restaurant.
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Came for a family meal on a busy Saturday night and was pleasantly surprised, as this was my first visit. The staff were friendly and very helpful, although it was busy staff did regular checks on the table, refilling wine and checking we were all okay with our food. As for the food, I can say it was the best Chinese I've had, you could tell everything was made fresh, full of flavour. I can highly recommend this restaurant, it may only be a fraction cheaper than Mulan but the service and quality of food make it worth it! I can safely say I will be returning for a sit down meal, or even getting a takeaway !!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AnneRoberts68

Northumberland
“Always Happy”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We've been to the tresure rooms a few times. The meals arn't amazing but we have always enjoyed them as they have been well served with good service.

This time it would appear the place has new owners. While the food still tastes good and is very filling, the atmosphere inside did drop a bit but maybe that was because we had an early meal at 7pm and not later as usual. As we made our way throught the chef special the place did start to fill.

The service was good and staff very friendly. My only issue was the lack of table space with the build up of empty glasses; they didn't seem to want to clear them. Not really an issue just something I want to bring to their attention.

Regardless of that, I enjoyed the meal, everything was served in perfect timing. It didn't come out so quick as to feel rushes, and we didn't feel like we were waiting ages for the next course. My sister is a fussy eater and was pleased to see the staff happy to make alterations to the 'chef's special'.

Feel sorry for the bad reviews this place gets. It's a nice place with good food and the right price. Would always go back.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank DavidBNorthumberland
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best chinese in Morpeth”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The Treasure Room is a lovely, quiet venue and the staff are always very pleasant. The food is fresh and delicious and isn't as pricey as The Mulan up the road.

Will be regulars at this establishment for sure!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank RWilkinson444
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“below average”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

went to this restaurant with my husband while on a weekend away. Very disappointing, food was below average service was very slow with staff trying to serve several tables at once. While there there was two tables complaining about the quality of food. probably the worst chinese restaurant i have been to and would not recommend and certainly would not return.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank linda b
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

The service at the Treasure Rooms is fantastic and the staff are helpful and friendly. The food is fantastic and there is no problem exchanging dishes on a banquet if you're not keen on some of the dishes. Would recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank gilly-tee1