“best chinese in morpeth”
Review of Treasure Room - CLOSED

Treasure Room
Price range: US$24 - US$33
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Next door to the Black Door Restaurant.
Reviewed 25 February 2014

friendly helpfull staff , good very tasty food in a nice tidy and quiet atmosphere great for a lil nite out in piece

There are newer reviews for Treasure Room

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Came for a family meal on a busy Saturday night and was pleasantly surprised, as this was my first visit. The staff were friendly and very helpful, although it was busy staff did regular checks on the table, refilling wine and checking we were all okay with our food. As for the food, I can say it was the best Chinese I've had, you could tell everything was made fresh, full of flavour. I can highly recommend this restaurant, it may only be a fraction cheaper than Mulan but the service and quality of food make it worth it! I can safely say I will be returning for a sit down meal, or even getting a takeaway !!

1  Thank AnneRoberts68
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We've been to the tresure rooms a few times. The meals arn't amazing but we have always enjoyed them as they have been well served with good service.

This time it would appear the place has new owners. While the food still tastes good and is very filling, the atmosphere inside did drop a bit but maybe that was because we had an early meal at 7pm and not later as usual. As we made our way throught the chef special the place did start to fill.

The service was good and staff very friendly. My only issue was the lack of table space with the build up of empty glasses; they didn't seem to want to clear them. Not really an issue just something I want to bring to their attention.

Regardless of that, I enjoyed the meal, everything was served in perfect timing. It didn't come out so quick as to feel rushes, and we didn't feel like we were waiting ages for the next course. My sister is a fussy eater and was pleased to see the staff happy to make alterations to the 'chef's special'.

Feel sorry for the bad reviews this place gets. It's a nice place with good food and the right price. Would always go back.

2  Thank DavidBNorthumberland
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The Treasure Room is a lovely, quiet venue and the staff are always very pleasant. The food is fresh and delicious and isn't as pricey as The Mulan up the road.

Will be regulars at this establishment for sure!

1  Thank RWilkinson444
Reviewed 24 February 2013

went to this restaurant with my husband while on a weekend away. Very disappointing, food was below average service was very slow with staff trying to serve several tables at once. While there there was two tables complaining about the quality of food. probably the worst chinese restaurant i have been to and would not recommend and certainly would not return.

2  Thank linda b