“What a gem !!”

Northumberland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a gem !!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Wow what a place. We booked a party here for my 6 year olds birthday and he had the most perfect day.
My son had about 12 little friends and they feed an array of mostly rescued animals, played with tractors and in a lovely playground area. There are lots to do and see. The party included a lovely cold "spread" of food to tuck into and bursting party bags. There is tea and coffee available for parents. There are several themes to choose from... My son decided to go with meet and feed the fox whilst he friends looked on. The children were so excited to do the treasure hunt too. The lovely staff were so kind and very informative. A really lovely party that was so good my little one wants to go next year too, to meet the tarantula perhaps!!!!. Had loads of positive comments from the other parents too. Well done guys

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dawn C

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Experience day!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was looking for a pony party for my six year old daughter and this was one of the sites that came up on the search for Northumberland pony parties. My daughter had been on a school trip the previous year so I had heard of it before. I ended up booking the experience day for my daughter and her best friend. The owner's were great and allowed myself and my daughter's friends mum to come along with the girls for no extra charge. We arrived on the day and were met with a cup of tea and juice for the girls. We were the only people there that day as it was closed to visitors. We were given the use of the reception area and then accompanied Alan (the owner) while he fed all of the animals, which included foxes, hedgehogs, owls, goats ponies etc. The girls did a lot of the feeding, cleaning and grooming. The highlight for me was to see a fox so close up and watch my daughter feed it from her hand! A pony ride was also included. We all had a great time, we had plenty of breaks (we had brought our own picnic) with lots of drinks made available to us. After lunch the girls got to hold one of the owls and hedgehogs. They then were given a party bag, certificate and pictures of the animals they cared for. The owners and there family were great and Alan was very patient with the girls. It was fantastic value for money and a day we will never forget! I would recommend it to anyone who has a passion for animals or a small girl like mine who adores everything with feathers or fur! They have recently opened up beautiful barn conversions to hire, at an amazing price. We are looking forward to going for a long weekend in such a beautiful setting surrounded by wildlife.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank chris h
Colne, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“At one with the animals”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I feel that a lot of places are willing to make the animals an attaction at a loss of some of their comfort but this is not the case here. It feels like the animals are the centre of everything that is going on and that their happiness is key. It is such a nice place to just sit and watch the animals playing. I would reccommend anyone goes.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank visablewoman
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Party Package”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Booked a party here for my daughter and her friends. Excellent value for money and all the kids and parents loved it, plenty to keep the kids busy. The owners and staff were extremely helpful and friendly, would definitely recommend!

Visited May 2014
Wakefield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thank You”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Great couple of hours spent there with my wife and 5 year old son, for unforeseen circumstances the tour was cancelled, which we accepted and understood. They were more than happy to allow us access to see Sam the Fox up close and feed him, after travelling from West Yorkshire, especially. Lovely people doing the best they could under the circumstances and difficult time.

Thank you, it made our little boys birthday (and mine) we will return.

The Skelton Family