“Weekend visit.”
Review of Middle Stobswood

Middle Stobswood
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morpeth
Middle Stobswood
Ranked #17 of 29 Morpeth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My partner and I used this B&B at the weekend, and we were both very pleased with it. The first thing to note was that the room was immaculately clean - even my mother would have been hard pressed to find fault! The bed was very comfortable, and I had a very good night's sleep. Breakfast was both delicious and flexible (7 < x < 9)...

The bathroom on our room was actually a very large full on wetroom, perhaps making this place particularly attractive for disabled guests...

Although the B&B is actually part of a working farm, I have to say we never heard anything from the farm itself - despite the chickens and cockrel that were wondering around outside. We only saw one of the dogs (a chocalate lab) who I would describe as very friendly, and wouldn't concern me around kids... Indeed, he was so friendly, always bringing his ball to me etc, that I christened him the "Guest Relations Officer"!

The couple who run the place, David and Gillian, were a delight - very helpful and accomodating. The next time we stay in the area, we're not going to bother searching around other B&Bs - we'll just stay here.

Room Tip: Just let David / Gillian know if you have any special needs - they'll sort you out...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martin M

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Mine to be precise. Weather was set fair so I thought, where better to have an overnighter than Northumberland? Found this place via Visit Northumberland and concur with everything said previously. Had a very comfortable night's sleep, even though it was a windy night. Had feasted well at the Northumberland Arms, Felton ( Highly recommended). Retired early, but despite the semi-gale blowing outside, I slept very well. Room 2 is exceptionally clean, power shower is excellent, toiletries were as expected. Hospitality tray was A1. We were greeted with a pot of tea and dreamy chocolate cake, yum, much needed after a hairy journey up the A1 in high winds.
Amazingly, this place was adjacent to a massive opencast mine until recently - you would never believe it. Very very quiet. Never heard the cock crow. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Room 2 is excellent, but having had a nosy, none of the other rooms pale by comparison.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

What a lovely place, warm , clean and so very welcoming. Hosts made us feel very much at home and as it was over new year - we were extra grateful! The room we had was very comfy and the breakfast was fresh and very enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Having previously experienced noisy Saturday night stopovers in Newcastle I wanted a comfortable overnight stop and a good sleep leaving me a 30 minutes drive in the morning to Gateshead. Middle Stopton Bed and Breakfast provided all of this and more. Exactly three miles from the A1 Middle Stopton is a small holding with free running chickens. I was welcomed by Gillian who made me a pot of tea with some homemade apple sponge immediately upon my arrival. Room was very clean, extremely comfortable king size bed, fresh towels, lots of pillow choices, flat screen tv, free wi fi, a well stocked hospitality tray and a fabulous power shower in an ensuite. I dont normally sleep well in strange beds but had a very good comfortable sleep. There is not a lot of space in the room but there is a nice guest sitting room on the ground floor. Breakfast was first class, although my sausage was too well done but probably my own fault as I had stayed too long in the super power shower.
I certainly will return, with my wife next time (she was sick and missed this visit) to hopefully explore more of this area and to enjoy this lovely B&B.

Room Tip: There is one room on the ground floor catering for those that may have trouble climbing stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim F
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Excellent bed and breakfast. A relaxed, quiet location, great breakfast, attentive hosts and lovely animals especially the dog. We used the four rooms as we were staying in the area for a family wedding, we therefore had the place to ourselves. The lounge is well furnished, good facilities, no complaints at all. Perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tinygreen
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband and I had a lovely few nights here. It was a modern and well presented B & B with a comfy room and great shower. Breakfast was lovely. Hosts were friendly - with a nice cup of tea and lovely lemon cake on arrival. It is 15 mins from both Alnwick and Morpeth so a handy location for sightseeing. Nice Thai restaurant in Morpeth - Nadon Thai. There Is a fridge available too which is handy if want to chill something, as well as fresh milk for tea and coffee.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 which had a nice view out over the fields
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed for one night on our way north. I would highly recommended this B&B. When you drive in you think you have made a mistake but the room (Ours was first on the left as you come into the house) was spacious, spotlessly clean and we couldn't have asked for any more. David and Gillian were friendly hosts and the breakfast was to die for. We are townies and it was really nice to see the horses and chickens and hear the cock crow in the morning (not forgetting the friendly chocolate labrador that greeted us on our arrival). We will definitely try and and get back here and our way down as it was value for money

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple