“Lovely”

Dining options: Breakfast
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled upon this little place on a recent visit to Morpeth; saw a sign on the Main Street and followed it up a short alley. Had a very nice bowl of soup and a desert of ginger sponge and custard, very nice, but extremely hot, temperature wise.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Scarlet062

hartlepool
“Definitely recommend ”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Brilliant staff.. Very friendly and accommodating... the BEST breakfast I have ever had. excellent value for money.. 10/10!

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“splendid grub”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is the second time my husband and I have been to this tea room in morpeth and it has not disappoint. Excellent service friendly staff and the food is lovely my husband had good old fashioned mince and dumpling myself had salmon wellington salmon in a pastry case with vegatables-mashed potato mashed swede carrot and cabbage piping hot then for desert had bread and butter pudding with custard piping hot too we shared this cause full up- I would recommend this establishment to friends and family. Reasonaby priced as well.

• Visited January 2014
Morpeth, England, United Kingdom
“Traditional food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I've had many meals here & have never been disappointed. Yes, its mostly plain, traditional food but well cooked, hot & usually a good choice. I'm very surprised at the comment about overcooked veg., as I've always found the opposite, ie cooked just right, a good selection & they'll give you more if you need! Must have been an off day indeed! Its my first choice when I'm inviting anyone out for a daytime meal.

• Visited December 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Lovely!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Mam and I popped into this most quaint little cafe in the centre of Morpeth for breakfast before our feeding of the local ducks. This place is bang in the centre of Morpeth, but as it's located down a little lane you feel wonderfully isolated from the traffic. It's a charming if small establishment which was almost full at 11:00 on New Year's Eve. We waited to be seated and the very friendly waitress asked mam and I to take a seat on a table set for four. This was a nice touch as it showed that they put the customer first. We ordered a bacon and mushroom sandwich (for mam) and a full English for me. Mam likes her bacon very well done and the waitress said this would not be a problem. My breakfast consisted of 2 of the following: eggs (proper runny yolk) bacon, sausage (good quality Northumberland pork) and toast. Plus beans, canned tomato, fried mushrooms a slice of black pud and a fried slice. Coffee or tea is included in the price. The breakfast was excellent and each component part was done perfectly. Coffee (I ordered a second cup) was filter and also good. Mam said her bacon roll was excellent and the bacon was 'perfect'. Mam's pot of tea was generous and delicious. Both meals were a good size too. The bill came to a very reasonable £10 and the waitress, who was attentive, friendly and pleasant got a decent tip as we were very pleased. The location of this cafe is great, with plenty of outside room for when the weather is nice and I highly recommend this establishment. I also noted they do lunch dishes like lasagne and roast lunches along with pies and hot and cold rolls and panini. We will be back.

• Visited December 2013