“Make & bake!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Make & bake!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Visited with my wife and two grandchildren for lunch - a real mix of tastes!
I had the cottage pie, my wife the lasagne, the grandchildren had soup & sandwiches. Result? 0Clean plates!
Good home cooking, tasty soup and sandwiches and very reasonable prices. Including teas and children's drinks
the whole experience was just £25.
The staff are welcoming and efficient and although quite busy we were served quickly. Being a wet day we couldn't sit outside but on warmer days this is an option.
For no-nonsense food, well cooked and a reasonable prices, this is the place!

• Visited April 2014

Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“Just like Mum used to make”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Worth a visit, even if it's just to soak up the traditional atmosphere. Very friendly staff and a steak&kidney pie to kill for. I must admit I think it was better than my Mums' which takes some beating.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ken c
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great Home Cooking”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is one of our favourite coffee shops in the North East. The staff are very friendly and welcoming, the coffee is great and the food is 'just like mother used to make'. You can't go wrong if you want a snack, but I can thoroughly recommend one of the roast dinners, they are fantastic. Great tasting, more than enough, a really hearty meal.
We will be going back again and again.

• Visited February 2014
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled upon this little place on a recent visit to Morpeth; saw a sign on the Main Street and followed it up a short alley. Had a very nice bowl of soup and a desert of ginger sponge and custard, very nice, but extremely hot, temperature wise.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Scarlet062
hartlepool
“Definitely recommend ”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Brilliant staff.. Very friendly and accommodating... the BEST breakfast I have ever had. excellent value for money.. 10/10!