“Lounge Lizard”

Ranked #7 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Morpeth
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Bin21 is Morpeth's only wine merchant with a huge selection of wines, spirits, malt whisky, local ales and fine cigars. We also have "The Lounge" upstairs which serves coffee, tea, cakes and nibbles as well as wines by the glass or bottle, beers and spirits. The Lounge in Morpeth opening hours are: Tuesday & Wednesday 10am to 5pm and Thursday to Saturday 10am to 11pm. The Lounge is closed on a Sunday and Monday. We serve cheese and meat platters with bread, biscuits, apple, chutney and grapes are available all day and evenings when open. We look forward to welcoming you. Our retail shop opening hours are 10am to 10pm Tues to Sat and 11am to 9pm Sun & Mon Cheers !
Edinburgh
“Lounge Lizard”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Was pleased to discover 'The Lounge', which I managed to miss during my last visit to Morpeth, because I didn't get to that side and end of the High Street. This is a well-furnished, comfortable venue which makes the most of its limited space. I like upstairs bars and the window table here is a great place for people-watching in the High Street. Great choice of wines as you might expect - my rose was superb and you get it in a superior type of glass which adds to the ambience. Service was very friendly and efficient. Was sorry I couldn't try the cheeseboard which I'm told was excellent, as I'd had a late lunch,. but will definitely be back next visit.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Allan J
bin21, Owner at bin21, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hi. Thanks for your review. We are always delighted to see visitors to Morpeth in The Lounge above the shop. We look forward to your next visit and yes.....the cheese boards s are very good. We get our all cheeses from a great little independent shop in Morpeth called......The Cheese Shop.......yes it's all in the name !! Cheers

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous little wine bar”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went with friends for my birthday. Fab relaxed atmosphere. Good selection of wines and the platters are delish. Staff were incredibly helpful.

• Visited June 2014
bin21, Owner at bin21, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Many thanks for your kind words. I am delighted that the staff there on the night you visited looked after you so well and that you enjoyed the platters. We all look forward to seeing you again soon. Cheers !
Morpeth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great coffee, great wine, great staff!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

A great place for a coffee or a glass of wine. Lovely staff - we so needed a place like this in Morpeth!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lesley B
bin21, Owner at bin21, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thanks for your kind words. It's great to know you enjoyed your visit. Please come and see us again soon. Cheers.
Morpeth
“Lovely and calm, and quiet after the shopping.”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Food and drink great. New lounge upstairs is a super addition. We ill be back soon, and maybe sip some wine.
Nothing we did not like.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank jvmerlin
bin21, Owner at bin21, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thanks for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to The Lounge at bin21. We all look forward to welcoming you back. Cheers !!
South Cave, United Kingdom
“Why no Tapas?”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We visited Bin 21 on Saturday especially for Tapas because we believed that along with the meat
and cheese platters they also served Tapas but apparently not. We were disappointed but had a very nice meat platter instead in pleasant surroundings so the visit was worthwhile but I do feel that the 'Cuisine' on the Trip Advisor should be altered so that customers are not misled.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Barbar R
bin21, Owner at bin21, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thanks for your feedback. My apologies if the Tapas description was misleading. When we originally entered our details onto trip advisor this was the nearest category to our food offering that we could select on the list of food options to put against our details. I will try to amend to have a more accurate description. Thanks for visiting bin21