“A great Dining experience”
Review of Barluga Morpeth

Barluga Morpeth
Ranked #23 of 105 Restaurants in Morpeth
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We called in off the hoof to get something to eat. What a surprise when going up stairs into the restaurant. Fantastic atmosphere and really great meal.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I had popped in last week for the cocktail happy hour and decided to stay for food - I'm so glad I did as myself and the person I was with thoroughly enjoyed the mussels, we then ordered the steak ( which was cooked to perfection ) and the burger which was also amazing too. The staff were amazing especially the young lass on the downstairs bar making the cocktails and the red haired young guy who served us ! Top marks all round.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We ate here as a couple on a Saturday night at 9pm having booked earlier in the day. On arrival we went to the downstairs bar where we were served by the delightful Helen. Her whole demeanour was friendly and welcoming and we were immediately made to feel welcome guests. It's only a shame that the rest of the evening was very hit and miss. We were shown to our table upstairs, and the building and decor are wee both very impressive and sure to create a wow factor for any special event. The service was prompt and we ordered starters and mains and sat back to enjoy our drinks.....and the extraordinary hair of the young barman! I think my partner was a little jealous ;)
The starters were nothing special-disappointing as I have had deep fried black pudding in other establishments and found it of much higher standard. My partner's tempura prawns were a little soggy, although the sauce was very good.
Despite attempting to deliver us a main belonging to another table whilst our starters were still on the table, we did get our correct order in good time and this was an improvement on the start. I had the fish cakes which were full of fish and very tasty, and the chunky chips were just perfect for me-like huge wedges of perfectly cooked potato. My partner tried the scallops in chorizo and he found them to be very tasty also, with his skinny chips going down well too.
Overall, I think the food is hit and miss, and had it not been for the warm welcome from Helen we may not have given the place another chance. We might just give it another try though, so up your game in preparation Barluga!!!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was to celebrate my 70th birthday while we were in Morpeth on holiday. Never having been to the area before it was a random choice and could not have been better. Food, service and atmosphere was excellent and we mentioned what we were booking for when we made the booking and we, my wife and I, we're greeted with a glass of Prosecco on the house. It was not cheap but was excellent value for money and was a great evening. If we are in the area again we will certainly go back.

1  Thank Roy P
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great for a Sunday meal or night out.

Alas, I have only been on a weekend to have lunch with the family.

The food was great and it had a nice environment to take kids to.

My wife however has been several times on a night and come home happy and a bit drunk so that must be a big thumbs up there as well.