“Clean, fresh and lovely location”

The Chantry Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Morpeth
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Quaint English Traditional Tea Room.with( Table Licence serving Wines and Beers ).Breakfast,Lunches,Afternoon Teas Tradional Scones and Cakesall food is cooked and served on the premises by our small teamof Cooks and Waitresses.The heart of business is Homebaking.
Alnwick, United Kingdom
1,057 restaurant reviews
“Clean, fresh and lovely location”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is a really nice tea room and restaurant in a lovely location close to the river at Morpeth. It serves a really good range of sandwiches, baguettes and jacket potato fillings as well as 'specials', salads and an excellent array of home baked cakes and pastries. I have been there twice and on both occasions food was fresh and well presented. The place is clean and inviting. Staff are friendly and helpful and prices reasonable. I would definitely recommend this cafe for a casual lunch, tea or coffee break.

1 Thank profjoypc

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Best tea room....”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is our 2nd visit to Chantry tearooms & it's still a little gem. My parents came along this time as we had a few days in Alnwick & called in Morpeth on our way home.
The décor, atmosphere, cleanliness, food, staff is outstanding. All staff are friendly & you are greeted with a smile. Food is lovely, cakes/cream teas even better - yummy. Prices are very reasonable for the high quality of food. One member of staff remembered me from our last visit in April so very observant ha ha ha. All ages are catered for.
Highly recommend a visit. We will call again when visiting the area again

1 Thank Hyacinth137
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Handy place to know”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

It was my first time in Morpeth so i was very lucky to find this "find" for lunch.

It seemed to be a cake and tea shop that did sandwiches etc. Probably wisest to stick to the specials board as these seemed freshest. Cakes and desserts were the treat; home-made and decadent.

Good friendly service from staff who were working really hard.

1 Thank Eliot B
Ashington, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Wedding Tea Party at The Chantry Tea Room”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

me and my partner have visited many of Morpeth's coffee and tea rooms but non compare for use in standard, warm welcome you get at the Chantry. not only are the staff the most kind and welcoming, the food is to die for my Husband raves over there chocolate fudge cake. when me and my partner decided to get married in Morpeth our first choice was a tea party at the chantry. we approached the staff their who although had never held a wedding reception their previously where very accommodating from the start. we are happy to say was best idea ever all our guest who joined use had such a good time. the photo graphs taken are fantastic the room was beautifully displayed. The staff at the Chantry made suer it was a perfect day for use. we can not thank you more, you made our special day all that bit more special, many thanks.

1 Thank MrsRootham
Ilford, United Kingdom
“Excellent cafe/restaurant serving tasty home made dishes!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

While spending a weekend in the Newcastle area for a family wedding my son and I decided to visit Morpeth for a couple of hours and were delighted to come across this tea room where we enjoyed a late brunch of scrambled eggs on toast with different additions as well as a generous pot of tea with their home made scones and jam, So tasty that we took some scones back home
and were made most welcome by the friendly and helpful staff at this lovely tea room.

• Visited June 2014