“Great Hosts, Great House.”

Stepping Stones Bed & Breakfast
Stepping Stones Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 29 Morpeth B&B and Inns
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Great Hosts, Great House.”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed at Stepping Stones B&B on 12/01/2012. Only arrived at 8pm but was made to feel very welcome by Julie & Keith, they could't do more for me. Very warm & comfy house.

I stayed in the double with en-suite, which was perfect and also better then I expected.

I left before 7am the next morning but this did not seem to be a problem as Keith already had my breakfast ready and made me a bacon sandwich & packed lunch to take out.

Shame I didn't get to stay longer but if i am back in the area I will be sure to visit again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at this b&b for three nights in September. We were having a long weekend break in Northumberland. We appreciated the warm welcome, a tray of tea and biscuits on arrival. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was more than adequate. Julie and Keith were very helpful in finding out answers to our touristy questions.
Would certainly recommend this place to anyone thinking of visiting Northumberland. Morpeth is a good base for visiting Hadrian's Wall and Lindisfarne and other worthy sites of interest in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank k_medlicott
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband and I were due to stay at this b&b on business, last minute I had to take my 2 year old. When we reached the b&b we were greeted by the owner who was very understanding and kind enough to offer us a choice of 2 rooms which ever would be suitable with our daughter. Both rooms were equally perfect, but we stayed in the larger of the two which was very clean, very well decorated, had an en-suite bathroom,tv and coffee facilities...the owner then offered us coffee and biscuits downstairs in the dining room/living area, which again was very nice. During the night even though our room was on the front near the rad, it was very quiet, the beds were very comfortable, and we had a fantastic sleep...the breakfast in the morning was delicious and they accommodated my daughter too. Friendly, helpful owners, a treat for anyone wishing to visit the north east..on business/family/couples.......

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gemma B
Teesside
Reviewed 9 July 2012

July 2012, 6 of us stayed at this B & B for the first time , on a Golfing Trip. Excellent, comfortable rooms.
Pot of tea or coffee & biscuits on arrival, nice touch. Breakfast really sets you up for the day.
Very friendly proprioters, nothing is too much trouble.
We would recommend this B & B to everyone.
We will be returning.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent, but go for the doubles en-suite
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert T
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Currently working in Morpeth for 6 months, have stayed in this BnB on and off for over 3 months, hope to in the furure as well, great place to stay, great family, Julie and Keith are really freindly, really nice place, have stayed in other BnB's in Morpeth but this is the best !

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Having stayed at a number of B and B and hotels in Morpeth over the years I can recommend Stepping Stones whole heartedly as the best there is. In fact my sister and family now stay here too when visiting the area. The owners Keith and Julie cannot be more accommodating from the moment you arrive when a fresh pot of tea/coffee and cakes (several cakes) are made for you to when you leave.

The rooms are very comfortable and well furnished and breakfast is as good as it gets. Even our dog is made to feel one of the family.

Definitely the one to book.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at this bed and breakfast whilst working in the area for five nights, the service and bed and breakfast was absolutely excellent. On arrival Keith and Julie were both very friendly, welcoming and even provided me with tea and cake.

The room was very clean with a lovely view of the river and a large shower room. There was also tea and coffee making facilities and I was offered fresh milk every evening. I was also delighted to see the additional extras of a DVD player and Wi-Fi. The bed and breakfast is in a great location, within walking distance of the shops, supermarket and restaurants. The only thing it is missing is off street parking, however I was given a parking permit and had no issue finding a space in which I could leave my car free for all day.

I was even accommodated with the early cooked breakfast that I needed. There was a great choice of continental items and the cooked breakfast was delicious, it's such a shame that I couldn't eat more, being so early! Thank you so much Keith and Julie for your fantastic service and great advice, if I am ever over in Northumberland again I will be giving you a call!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morpeth
Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club
Newminster Cottage Bed and Breakfast
The Beresford Arms
The Beresford Arms
#1 of 1 in Whalton

Been to Stepping Stones Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!