“Wonderful stay, couldn't have been better”

Stepping Stones Bed & Breakfast
Stepping Stones Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 29 Morpeth B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay, couldn't have been better”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

A thoroughly enjoyable weekend and great service! The manager provided me with a lift from Morpeth station and upgraded our room when a better one for our requirements turned out to be available. Always went beyond their call of duty to make sure we had everything we needed. Breakfast was excellent, the rooms were spotless and the beds were so comfortable. I certainly hope we get to come back here soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Prague
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We come from Prague (Czech Republic) and our family travel in the UK every year. This year we spent our holiday in Stepping Stones again and it was great again. First time it was so fantastic stay, that we had to come again. Julie and Keith are very very friendly: welcome tea with biscuits, excelent breakfast, tea with cakes in the evening after long day... We felt like at home. They were very helpful - for example they helped us to book our boat trip to see puffins, or they lent us umbrellas for rainy day. Rooms were clean and comfortable, the place is near of the city centre - not too near to hear noise, but enough near for shopping.Morpeth is very good place for trips in Nothumberland. We liked it so much!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 30 January 2013

A very warm, homely welcome, and fabulous river views from the rooms at the back.
Julie & Keith do everything they can to make your stay fantastic. The pot of tea on arrival always hits the spot, and the breakfasts are consistently good.

Room Tip: The ones at the back, with a river view
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed at Stepping Stones B&B on 12/01/2012. Only arrived at 8pm but was made to feel very welcome by Julie & Keith, they could't do more for me. Very warm & comfy house.

I stayed in the double with en-suite, which was perfect and also better then I expected.

I left before 7am the next morning but this did not seem to be a problem as Keith already had my breakfast ready and made me a bacon sandwich & packed lunch to take out.

Shame I didn't get to stay longer but if i am back in the area I will be sure to visit again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at this b&b for three nights in September. We were having a long weekend break in Northumberland. We appreciated the warm welcome, a tray of tea and biscuits on arrival. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was more than adequate. Julie and Keith were very helpful in finding out answers to our touristy questions.
Would certainly recommend this place to anyone thinking of visiting Northumberland. Morpeth is a good base for visiting Hadrian's Wall and Lindisfarne and other worthy sites of interest in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank k_medlicott
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband and I were due to stay at this b&b on business, last minute I had to take my 2 year old. When we reached the b&b we were greeted by the owner who was very understanding and kind enough to offer us a choice of 2 rooms which ever would be suitable with our daughter. Both rooms were equally perfect, but we stayed in the larger of the two which was very clean, very well decorated, had an en-suite bathroom,tv and coffee facilities...the owner then offered us coffee and biscuits downstairs in the dining room/living area, which again was very nice. During the night even though our room was on the front near the rad, it was very quiet, the beds were very comfortable, and we had a fantastic sleep...the breakfast in the morning was delicious and they accommodated my daughter too. Friendly, helpful owners, a treat for anyone wishing to visit the north east..on business/family/couples.......

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gemma B
Teesside
Reviewed 9 July 2012

July 2012, 6 of us stayed at this B & B for the first time , on a Golfing Trip. Excellent, comfortable rooms.
Pot of tea or coffee & biscuits on arrival, nice touch. Breakfast really sets you up for the day.
Very friendly proprioters, nothing is too much trouble.
We would recommend this B & B to everyone.
We will be returning.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent, but go for the doubles en-suite
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morpeth
Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club
#23 of 29 in Morpeth
Northumberland Cottage
Northumberland Cottage
#4 of 29 in Morpeth

Been to Stepping Stones Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!