We had a TravelZoo offer for one night D,B&B with a bottle of wine but booked for two nights. The hotel has been undergoing major redecoration and it is just beautiful. Fantastic interior furnishings and carpet (curtains were being fitted in the public rooms whilst we were there). The staff were great and the food was excellent, most of it sourced locally. Otterburn is quite remote which suited us but just be prepared to drive for days out. Our room was beautifully furnished, clean and had the usual tea/coffee making facilities and a TV. The bed linen was high thread-count cotton, lovely. We were warned that wifi would be patchy because the walls are so thick but not a problem as we took our iPads down to the lounge and the signal was fine. Only one downside, the windows did not open in our room or bathroom. Probably because of repainting recently? A couple who checked out before us made a point of mentioning that at reception. We'd definitely go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, friendly Castle Hotel in the heart of the beautiful Northumberland countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Otterburn Castle Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Otterburn Tower Hotel Otterburn
- The Otterburn Hotel
- The Hotel Otterburn
- Otterburn Castle Country House Hotel Northumberland